Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    If you had a girlfriend who had only been with two guys in her entire life and everyone was calling her a whore would you care?
    You are equating a man-woman relationship with a football game?

Blog Entries

I lived in Fort Worth for several years and read this woman on a regular basis in the Star-Telegram; she is without a doubt ignorant of sports. Just frankly doesn't know what she's talking about on a regular basis. Her nickname, self-given, is "Little Ball of Hate" and that is her specialty: ripping people- conviently after they've left town for the most part. It really was a ludicrous thing. People like TO, Roy Williams (the safety), Avery Johnson, etc. were there for years and she wouldn't criticize them, but the second they left, they were no-good bastards who'd been holding their respective franchises back. She's a goddamned hack, and her shtick is the only thing that garners her any attention. I left town this fall, just as she's gone National, so I'm still subjected to here inane ramblings. The idea that she even warrants a place on the National sports writing stage is condemnation enough of how far the craft has fallen.
    As far as Flacco, she clearly didn't watch the fucking game, or more likely, just didn't understand what was taking place in front of her eyes. To write that article, without a mention of the immense pressure Flacco was under all day, the dropped passes, and the lack of a running game, are signs of her complete inability to comprehend football. Flacco played well enough to win, yet another playoff game, and he doesn't need to apologize to anybody. That said, he should just keep his mouth shut. Making an ironical or sarcastic comment is going to fly above the head of an idiot like Floyd-Engel, and the great majority of sportswriters, so he should keep them to himself and just continue to win. Fuck 'em, that isn't why you play the game so just ignore them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    3 TDs and 300 yards on Sunday and it all goes away.
    Not if he misses an open receiver one time, or if he throws one interception either.

Blog Entries

I thought Joe bailed out the defense with his TDs and after their
    RB had 95 yards in the first half and they came back to within 4 points.

Take out Joe and put in a backup like Yates and we lose
    that game.

Way to go Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Joe now has the opportunity to learn from this, but I don't think he cares as long as the team continues to win. That was his point all along.

No, the perception will not change if he puts up great numbers against New England. They'll just say that the Patriots defense was not good and something like, 'Let's see what he can do against New York and that Giants pass rush'.

It has become personal and the media is even more steamed about it, because Joe is right. Rodgers is gone. Stafford is gone. Brees is gone. None of them could run the ball the way that the Ravens can, or the way the 49ers usually can, or the way New York has been doing. Joe was right and it is eating them up.

First, they pointed to his TD-Int ratio in the playoffs. Well, he threw two TDs and 0 Ints. Then, they focused on his QB ratings. Well, he had a rating of 97 and some change against a top 3 Texans defense. They are running out of things to say, but will try to the death to find something new.
    Joe Flacco is just not a productive nfl quarterback. I so want him to be just that for the Ravens. But it is getting to be obvious to the national media and now more and more local fans. Can't Ozzy and the coaches see this? It is painful to watch Joe run the offense at M&T Stadium. I have been at every home game Joe has played in and it is the same old problems. He doesn't read defenses, he stares down his intended receiver unless he is throwing a bomb hoping for Smith to run under it and he never finds the wide open arm waving receiver. Joe doesn't have what it takes to lead a team in victory if the defense is having an average to bad day. It seems every win, the defense has to rescue the offense time and time and time again. If the defense had not come up with key turnovers yesterday, it would have be a loss. That has to be obvious. Joe's a nice guy but not the qb he thinks he is and wants to be paid like.

6. Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

Jeez, not only is she an awful writer, but how does her life partner look at her everyday? She looks like she did a 100 yard sprint in a 90 yard gym.

7. Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Joe Flacco is just not a productive nfl quarterback. I so want him to be just that for the Ravens. But it is getting to be obvious to the national media and now more and more local fans. Can't Ozzy and the coaches see this? It is painful to watch Joe run the offense at M&T Stadium. I have been at every home game Joe has played in and it is the same old problems. He doesn't read defenses, he stares down his intended receiver unless he is throwing a bomb hoping for Smith to run under it and he never finds the wide open arm waving receiver. Joe doesn't have what it takes to lead a team in victory if the defense is having an average to bad day. It seems every win, the defense has to rescue the offense time and time and time again. If the defense had not come up with key turnovers yesterday, it would have be a loss. That has to be obvious. Joe's a nice guy but not the qb he thinks he is and wants to be paid like.
    Ok, so who should we bring in then to replace him?

We'll have at best, the 28 or 29th pick this year. So you can scratch off any top tier college QB's, cause they won't be available.

Name one FA QB (other then Brees cause he will re-up w/ the Saints) that is a better fit then Flacco for the Ravens.

What the writer fails to either recognize or understand is that Joe's comment was said in a joking manner. I don't remember Joe asking to be treated like a "grown-ass man". Subsequently her premise is misconstrued and her argument bunk. She didn't research his comment and comes out looking like a media stooge as a result.

14-27 for 176 2 TDs and 0 int. isn't bad considering 3 or 4 drops that would have had the numbers at 17-27 for about 240+. Joe had a respectable game.

The idea that the defense bailed him out has some truth but so what? Baltimore spends money and resources on defense. Maybe her article should be on why the offensive juggernauts in N.O. and G.B. are sleeping in this week?

Blog Entries

I suppose Joe is going to need to start catching his own passes...

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Please define productive?

Is she related to Mike Preston?

It sort of reminds of the media backlash against Brian Billick when he stood up for Ray Lewis during the Super Bowl media day in 2000. He told the media," It wasn't their place nor where they qualified." Ever since that comment, the media completely torched Coach Billick.