Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Defense bails out Flacco again

According to some Fort-Worth writer named Jen FLoyd Engel, Joe Flacco was bailed out by the defense. She goes onto write,

"Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco had wanted to be regarded as a grown-ass man, like Brady and Rodgers. What he has to settle for is being the luckiest SOB in football, getting partial credit for what is actually the big-boy work of his defensive teammates."

Well, I doubt she even watched the game, and if she did she clearly didn't understand what she was watching. ------------

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/B...-Texans-011512

Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

It's gotten personal for the media. That much is clear. Flacco probably shouldn't have made his sarcastic remarks, but it's clear that it's a personal thing now. Hopefully this only fuels Flacco and the team rallys around him, which it seems they have been doing all along.

3 TDs and 300 yards on Sunday and it all goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    No, I am afraid it probably won't

No, it probably won't. They marginalize it, saying the Patriots defense was horrible. Trust me, once the media types pick a position, they will defend it to the grave. Just look at how people are with Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    It's gotten personal for the media. That much is clear. Flacco probably shouldn't have made his sarcastic remarks, but it's clear that it's a personal thing now. Hopefully this only fuels Flacco and the team rallys around him, which it seems they have been doing all along.
    Yea, it appears it has gotton personal. Joe does need to tone it down at times, but the writers also have a responsibility to not put this crap out their either. Simply writing that the D bailed out Joe Flacco doesn't by any stretch of the imagination tell the story of what happened yesterday.

She's probably just some hack writer trying to make a name for herself, so she needs to put the controversial article out there. The really good writers don't need to do this crap.

Blog Entries

No. Even if the Ravens win it all, the media will still hate on Flacco. Just look at Eli. He won a ring, and the media still questions if he's good.

Blog Entries

Defense bailed out the receivers dropping the ball all day...

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    According to some Fort-Worth writer named Jen FLoyd Engel, Joe Flacco was bailed out by the defense. She goes onto write,

"Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco had wanted to be regarded as a grown-ass man, like Brady and Rodgers. What he has to settle for is being the luckiest SOB in football, getting partial credit for what is actually the big-boy work of his defensive teammates."

Well, I doubt she even watched the game, and if she did she clearly didn't understand what she was watching. ------------

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/B...-Texans-011512
    Coming from a reporter that has a FACE of a SHOE.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    The really good writers don't need to do this crap.
    There just aren't very many. I remember back to my college days and the journalism majors were some of the dumbest people on campus. It's one thing to be able to write well; it's another thing completely to understand with some depth the subject about which you are writing.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    There just aren't very many. I remember back to my college days and the journalism majors were some of the dumbest people on campus. It's one thing to be able to write well; it's another thing completely to understand with some depth the subject about which you are writing.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Coming from a reporter that has a FACE of a SHOE.
    LOL I was going to go there, but backed down. Thanks!