Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens coverage on ESPN relegated to the Bottom Line updates

Goodness, another we-get-no-respect from the media thread. Did y'all get enough attention as kids. I'm beginning to think not.

2. Re: Ravens coverage on ESPN relegated to the Bottom Line updates

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    A network catering to their larger markets and stories that transcend sports?!?!?

Oh the humanity. Oh the outrage.
    :word

Exactly! i really think if people thought of it this way they wouldn't get so butt hurt everytime they talk about another team not named the Ravens. Its a business, if you were an executive you'd do the same thing. Its really not that complicated. It isn't disrespect, its business!
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

After the Ravens beat the Patriots this week, I would love it if the Ravens only gave the national media 15 minutes of interviews a week before the Super Bowl. It would only be fair considering that is twice as much time as they have spent on the Ravens every week this season. Unlimited coverage to only the local media, but that would mean seeing Mike Preston on all of the national sports media services, that'll show them.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    Goodness enough with the media coverage whining crap! Ravens played yet another unexciting game, and the 49ers, Pats and Giants all looked better and had entertaining games. That's what people are interested in, deal with it. NFL Network had plenty of Ravens coverage anyway
    Actually, I was watching NFLN quite a bit last week and the lack of coverage of our game was pretty amazing, like they were going out of their way to ignore it. I'm sure the Texans fans were wondering what the hell was going on. For us, it was business as usual. What will be really funny will be if we make the SB and they're STILL talking about Tebow instead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Actually, I was watching NFLN quite a bit last week and the lack of coverage of our game was pretty amazing, like they were going out of their way to ignore it. I'm sure the Texans fans were wondering what the hell was going on. For us, it was business as usual. What will be really funny will be if we make the SB and they're STILL talking about Tebow instead of us.
    The one good thing is this week they will be able to have Tim Tebow in the studio as they ignore the Ravens. It will be very interesting to see how they will be able to fawn all over the Patriots and ignore the Ravens at the same time.

Blog Entries

I wonder (not really, but sorta) do the Ravens not get a ton of media coverage cause the constant bitching of no coverage?

I am waiting to see how BB and Brangelina handle the refs not calling many penalties.

The only thing on ESPN about the Ravens is mainly about how the Patriots are going to beat them. Come on Ravens, shock NE-SPN.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I wonder (not really, but sorta) do the Ravens not get a ton of media coverage cause the constant bitching of no coverage?
    Small market team with a small fan base.

It really is that simple.

It's a little annoying, but the constant complaints about it from Raven's fans are getting more annoying. Nothing personal FadeToBlack. I feel like I see this thread on a fairly regular basis.

And heading to NE, I prefer to have us as an underdog, with no one even bothering to talk about us. For whatever reason, that tends to motivate our players.

Plus, it felt like Brady and Co had some extra motivation after all the Tebow hype.

"Bottom line is," no hype is good for us.

Blog Entries

Hopefully Suggs keeps quiet this week about Brady so they can stay out of the news the entire week. They just need to stay focused and the media will be talking about the Harbowl II for the next two weeks.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Small market team with a small fan base.

It really is that simple.
    Exactly.

And (usually) when they are in the bright lights of prime time, they play their worst football (this year's Steeler Sunday night game excluded).

And when they do win, it usually looks ugly.

Personally, I could care less about any of the above (except for the losing), but it goes totally opposite of what the national media needs to get higher ratings.