Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Watching NFL Final on NFL Network and Deion said something incredibly stupid

Quote Originally Posted by htown6274 View Post
    I was just wondering, and not trying to be a dick or anything, but people sounded like your line was in better shape than when we played in October health wise, but I gotta say they looked terrible. They deserve the heat not Flacco
    Gurode started at LG, and he's a C. Our starter Grubbs was out that game. So, we got him back but the OL played like shit.

BUT I think it's more of a credit to how good the Texans DL played. The Ravens have had some shotty OL play this season but it has never been THAT bad. That was more than just some rust or bad play. That was total domination by the opposing team and the Texans deserve credit for that.

Re: Watching NFL Final on NFL Network and Deion said something incredibly stupid

Bailing out, would imply a bad throw. Those were great catches, but the throws were fucking spectacular as well. Dumb comment by Sanders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Gurode started at LG, and he's a C. Our starter Grubbs was out that game. So, we got him back but the OL played like shit.

BUT I think it's more of a credit to how good the Texans DL played. The Ravens have had some shotty OL play this season but it has never been THAT bad. That was more than just some rust or bad play. That was total domination by the opposing team and the Texans deserve credit for that.
    Maybe Cam stays at the Castle this week, considering all of the good his "self scouting" did vs the Texans. The offensive line coach should be submitting his resume after that effort. They were totally dominated. Flacco didn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Maybe Cam stays at the Castle this week, considering all of the good his "self scouting" did vs the Texans. The offensive line coach should be submitting his resume after that effort. They were totally dominated. Flacco didn't stand a chance.
    And credit to Flacco that he didn't turn it over. If Texans had gotten the ball in good field position when the running game was going they might have pulled it out.

Pitta and Boldin need to be Joe's go-to guys next week. Dickson's too much a liability with his hands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

:word
    And the OL play was also the reason the running game was so ineffective. For Deion to single out Joe for such a comment and not even mention the deficiencies of the OL was stupid, and in keeping with his pronouncements lately, which have been causing me to see red a lot.

I watched NFL Primetime on ESPN, and Tom Jackson gave credit to the Texans' pass rush, and said that Joe did a good job considering the amount of pressure he was under, because the OL was not protecting him. I was shouting "Thank you!" at the TV.

It's just too easy to blame Joe for everything, and too many people fall into that trap. We are not too happy about how ugly this win was for us today, but think of how the Packers fans are feeling now for how poorly their offense performed in that game. 15-1 with a high-flying offense and they were one and done. And Rodgers is considered the best QB in the league. We at least escaped that indignity, and still have the chance to get to the SB.

I just saw it.

Has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard out of his mouth. Said it "was an absolute dismal performance by Flacco" and his receivers bailed him out????

What fcking game was he watching??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cravens86 View Post
    He said that we must be concerned about flacco's play and that we should be happy the receivers bailed him out a few times. When did the receivers bail him out? It wasn't with the dropped passes
    I saw that too. It was Deion who said it. They were showing highlights of those great catches by Boldin and Evans and it sure sounded like that was the basis for his comments. It was like he didn't see the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It was like he didn't see the rest of the game.
    He didn't. Why bother watching a game when you can just cut together some highlights and let them tell whatever narrative you want?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Sanders is a dumb jock with a motor mouth. He is the main reason why I do not watch the NFL Network. (Eisen is the secondary reason). I can watch the game highlights off the nfl.com site, and on Mondays watch Keith Mills and particularly Qadry Ismail provide some actual good analysis of Flacco's play on RAVE-TV.

"Oh sugah!" :grbac:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

It told me that deion is kind of dumb. Wrs werent getting open much and when they were they were dropping passes. Those spectacular catches were great but flacco threw pinpoint passes in tight coverage for both of them. Once again a game where flacco played pretty well and it doesnt show in the stats. The OL better play better from here out, he had no time back there.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Cravens86 View Post
    He said that we must be concerned about flacco's play and that we should be happy the receivers bailed him out a few times. When did the receivers bail him out? It wasn't with the dropped passes
    ... and this surprises you how? Consider the source.