Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Cam the knucklehead

Cam Cameron is completely out of touch and he has been the problem for 3 years. The offense is easy to defend and is too often moving in slow motion or without a sense of urgency. Cameron also never makes the proper adjustments and does not have a feel for the game. The routes are too easy to defend which is why the receivers hardly ever get open. Where are the slants, bunch formations, crossing patters, underneath patterns, and WR screens? I know Cameron doesn't believe in using the middle of the field, but why doesn't he at least have WRs run routes over the middle of the field to keep the defense honest?

Re: The Cam Cameron Divisional Round Thread (Merged Topics)

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    What the hell did Cam really do wrong today? He didn't drop five passes. He wasn't the guy who couldn't pick up short yardage. He wasn't the guy whiffing on blocks.

Look, I'm critical of people when the deserve it, but the playcalling was fine, the execution of it was awful.
    Cam Cameron does not put the players in the best position to win. Today was no exception. Think about it, the receivers were never open. Cameron is out of touch and he doesn't know how to adjust. The offense is too easy to defend. The Texans were routinely putting pressure on Joe Flacco but Cam still refuses to call slants, screens, and bunch formations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer52 View Post
    Cam Cameron is completely out of touch and he has been the problem for 3 years. The offense is easy to defend and is too often moving in slow motion or without a sense of urgency. Cameron also never makes the proper adjustments and does not have a feel for the game. The routes are too easy to defend which is why the receivers hardly ever get open. Where are the slants, bunch formations, crossing patters, underneath patterns, and WR screens? I know Cameron doesn't believe in using the middle of the field, but why doesn't he at least have WRs run routes over the middle of the field to keep the defense honest?
    ^This!!

At what point does John Harbaugh get involved? .... he is the head coach and it all goes through him. I would hope he gathers the whole offensive staff to encourage some creative plays that can be executed by the type of players we have..

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Some of the play calling was just inexplicable. I believe we.only had 8 rushing plays in the first half. After all those stats about us winning when we run and losing when we pass seemed to get thrown out the window. With that said, we got beat in the trenches badly today. Add in the execution errors (missed blocks, dropped passes, etc.) and we should have had a better game than we did. I still think there was some questionable play calls, but it could have been worse. Houston does have a top defense.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    ^This!!

At what point does John Harbaugh get involved? .... he is the head coach and it all goes through him. I would hope he gathers the whole offensive staff to encourage some creative plays that can be executed by the type of players we have..
    And be creative that doesn't mean anymore end arounds

I'd settle for a halftime adjustment. When what you are doing clearly isn't working then it's time to go to plan B.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    ^This!!

This is why I am skeptical that this team will win it all under the current regime. Harbaugh was supposed to "get more involved" with the offense, yet I can barely tell the difference between last year's team and this year's despite upgrades at wr, o line and several coaches. I'm watching other teams get creative, yet continue to see the same stagnant, stale unimaginative play calling under Cam. I cant wait until that arrogant prick is fired.

Blog Entries

Cam's play designs yesterday were awful. I understand taking your shots on a rookie CB (Jackson), but how many sideline routes with Boldin do we need to see? Boldin is not a prototypical sideline WR. We finally ran 1 slant late in the game to Boldin, and no surprise it resulted in a first down.

Where was the short/intermediate passing game? Hardly any TE involvement.

Where was a no huddle/hurry up offense to switch the tempo and disrupt the Texans DLine that was murdering our OLine?

No adjustment.

It was clear Ray Rice wasn't going to get established up the middle. How about some more HB screens? The one they did run was quite successful.

I want Cam gone even if we win the SB. His offense is bullshit. I usually am not high on fans thinking they are better than 25 year seasoned football coaches, but I think I could craft a more effective game plan just from playing Madden.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    What the hell did Cam really do wrong today? He didn't drop five passes. He wasn't the guy who couldn't pick up short yardage. He wasn't the guy whiffing on blocks.

Look, I'm critical of people when the deserve it, but the playcalling was fine, the execution of it was awful.
    There was no short passing game. There was no adjustment to offset the pressure from the Texans DLine. Hardly any shotgun. No real variety. Some of the only times we used the middle of the field are when Flacco avoided pressure, scrambled and hit an open player (e.g. Pitta, for example). Then we finally ran 1 slant to Boldin.
    Last edited by bt12483; 01-16-2012 at 11:04 AM.

In the game vs bengals he split Pitta and Rice in the backfield often with Joe in shotgun. That worked well, once blitzed he would dump off to the WR on the non blitzing side, it worked well especially on 3rd down but abandoned it totally yesterday. It slows the rush and gets a dumb off receiver uncovered or a receiver on man to man coverage. I guess he did this cause he had no Bolden, but found a foundation that works but abandoned it.
    Then, why use RICE up the middle on plays needing less than a yard! He is a elusive cutback runner good for open space. Horrible short yardage back. I love Rice not in that spot. Rice can't jump, short arms, short legs, not fast low knees that hit ground early before the mark. Ray is better heading for the corner. Ravens either need RW there this year. Next year on short yardage need another back, long leaper, long torsoed, or a sledge hammer or someone with long arms.

Not bothered, by Flacco throw late I the 4th q to get FG, they went for if executed well the game would have been over. I liked those calls but not the execution.

Blog Entries

I thought they made adjustments and went to the short passing game in the 2nd half. Guess everyone watches the game differently

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I thought they made adjustments and went to the short passing game in the 2nd half. Guess everyone watches the game differently
    In the last drive - maybe.

But I don't want adjustments made with 5:00 left in the 4th, like Cam usually does. I want them in the 3rd quarter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    In the last drive - maybe.

But I don't want adjustments made with 5:00 left in the 4th, like Cam usually does. I want them in the 3rd quarter.
    I don't think they care what you or anyone else wants. The goal is to win the game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!