Mason and Clayton - Excellence on display

That pass Mason caught in the crook of his elbow; he looked like Popeye, in those old cartoons after Popeye just popped a can of (pre-migrant worker) spinach.

He, Clayton, and I suspect, Williams, are soon going to make the bad old days of stooge Ravens wideouts a dim memory.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Re: Mason and Clayton - Excellence on display

Best set of Ravens WRs since Jackson and Alexander.

Clayton is as good as promised when it comes to YAC. That little fella can scoot.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Nobody ever disputed the fact that these guys are not great, because they are.

McNair to Mason will be a hell of a tandum this season, it looks if teams Defenses are worrying more about Heap than Mason.

I was happy to finally see Clayton in the gameplan, although that reverse was just plain ugly.

Clayton today was a machine. After dropping his first pass, he really came on.

I know Darling was out. Did D-Will get in at all?

Demetrius dropped the one pass he was thrown under heavy pressure from a DB.

That catch Mason made down the left sideline was unbelievable.

Williams was actually in a lot. He did drop one but he was on the "receiving" end of two or three really bad and dangerous throws. For some reason, he doesn't seem to have the same energy he had in preseason. I was glad to see him rather than Moore though.

It was obvious that we game planned to get mismatches on Heap today and actually were successful. We just couldn't get him the ball. There was one throw that floated high and just hung him out to dry and he got whacked. (I'm pretty sure that was Heap)

No question there are ballers on this team. What's scary is that McNair missed them on a lot of throws. Imagine if...

It would have been nice if the announcers could tell Mason and Clayton apart.

If you cut out some of Elvis's come from behind games in 2001, the 2003 Seattle game, the 2005 Houston game, then sure; McNair getting Matt Stover 52 yards away to kick a field goal while missing a 3rd down throw coule be construed as never before seen from a Ravens QB.

That said, once again Mason and Clayton showed they are the real deal. Last week it was Mason alertly catching a pass off of Todd Heap's fingertips to keep the 2 minute drive alive. This week, they made super catches to keep the few drives we had going.

I wish McNair was a little bit more accurate on his passes. So far it seems he is still not on the same page as the receivers. Many of his passes so far have not given Mason and Clayton the chance to run after the catch. Hopefully by mid-season he will be in Pro-Bowl form and the Ravens offense will be clicking on all cylinders!

Something to think about

Even if Mcnair has lost some arm strength. We have 2 perfect Wr's for him. While he may not have as strong of an arm as he used to he is probably still s accurate.

Mason and Clayton won't stretch the field going deep, but they will both catch a 7 yard pass and turn it into 70.

We should be fine on offense even with our horrendouos o-line.

we just need to run more screens, draws, and 3 step drops.

If they blitz us too much it will leave one on one coverage on our Wr's and heap. Leaving them to break one tackle and go