Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't get it

I don't get it

These Texans fans are bashing Flacco and it is really hilarious throughout his career, he's been their daddy. They're saying they'll easily rattle him and flat out destroy him with their "shut down" defense. Are these kids forgetting that he has shredded them the last two times he's faced them? I don't wanna hear all the "they were just learning a new scheme" shit because the Ravens were learning Pagano's scheme too. I mean, they're sounding like Steelers fans on their boards before the beginning of the season yet they've never beat him.

Re: I don't get it

I'm right there with you.

I read someone pointing out Andre Johnson is back for this game, wasn't he playing last year when we beat them?

Hey let them have fun, at4:10 on sunday they will get a reality check.All real fans should support their teams, especially when they win a post season game. Unfortunately 4 teams will have their season ended this weekend.

Let the media and opposing fans have their fun at Flacco's expense. Not that Joe needs any further motivation, but I'm sure he'd enjoy seeing a lot those people have to eat their words. This postseason is Joe's big chance to change a lot of minds.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    These Texans fans are bashing Flacco and it is really hilarious throughout his career, he's been their daddy. They're saying they'll easily rattle him and flat out destroy him with their "shut down" defense. Are these kids forgetting that he has shredded them the last two times he's faced them? I don't wanna hear all the "they were just learning a new scheme" shit because the Ravens were learning Pagano's scheme too. I mean, they're sounding like Steelers fans on their boards before the beginning of the season yet they've never beat him.
    Why would you expect fans of any team to act any differently?

Flacco has ripped them in all three games he's played them. Not sure where they get their confidence from that he won't again.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Flacco has ripped them in all three games he's played them. Not sure where they get their confidence from that he won't again.
    So, looking back, we Ravens fans should have assumed big Ben and Pittsburgh would beat us yet again because of past history?

I think it is a mistake to overly generalize about any fanbase. I think most Texans are hoping that bad Flacco shows up instead of good Flacco. As for the improvement of the Texans defense, it isn't just the switch from a 4-3 to 3-4 but also incorporating a ton of new starters on defense and teaching them new VERY new positions. Mario Williams and Connor Barwin were switched to linebacker. Two new safeties. The remaining linemen with new responsibilities. Getting starter snaps from rookies JJ Watt and Brooks Reed. Getting the secondary all on one page with two new free agents. I am blown away at how many changes were made and how good they got so quick. And even though Flacco managed to connect in the first meeting, (one of those "catches" was very sketchy), he got hit a ton. Maybe protection is better now that your line is fixed back up, but maybe not.

But I'm not sure why you are surprised that Texans fans might have questions about which Flacco shows up. For example.

Yes, the Ravens have always beaten the Texans. Maybe that happens until infinity. I doubt it.

It's not like Ben besides the 2007 Monday night debacle has statistically dominated the Ravens. He has some of his ugliest performances, with his defense setting him up for the victory late in the fourth quarter against the Ravens. On the other hand, Flacco has had great stats against Houston AND won.

Quote Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
    I think it is a mistake to overly generalize about any fanbase. I think most Texans are hoping that bad Flacco shows up instead of good Flacco. As for the improvement of the Texans defense, it isn't just the switch from a 4-3 to 3-4 but also incorporating a ton of new starters on defense and teaching them new VERY new positions. Mario Williams and Connor Barwin were switched to linebacker. Two new safeties. The remaining linemen with new responsibilities. Getting starter snaps from rookies JJ Watt and Brooks Reed. Getting the secondary all on one page with two new free agents. I am blown away at how many changes were made and how good they got so quick. And even though Flacco managed to connect in the first meeting, (one of those "catches" was very sketchy), he got hit a ton. Maybe protection is better now that your line is fixed back up, but maybe not.

But I'm not sure why you are surprised that Texans fans might have questions about which Flacco shows up. For example.

Yes, the Ravens have always beaten the Texans. Maybe that happens until infinity. I doubt it.
    Are you sure you're a chick? :) Some of us also worry about whether good Joe or bad Joe will show up.

Safe travels tomorrow.

It's not about Good Flacco Bad Flacco, it's about Flacco versus the Texans.

2008: 15/23 185 yards 2 TDs 0 ints
    2010: 22/33 235 yards 2 TDs 0 ints
    2011; 20/33 305 yards 0 TDs 1 int

It's not about Good Flacco Bad Flacco, it's about Flacco versus the Texans.

2008: 15/23 185 yards 2 TDs 0 ints
    2010: 22/33 235 yards 2 TDs 0 ints
    2011; 20/33 305 yards 0 TDs 1 int
    2008-Texans had the one of the worst defenses in the league. Got their defensive coordinator fired.
    2010-Texans had the one of the worst defenses in the league. Got their defensive coordinator fired.
    2011-Flacco took as many hits from the Texans as he did from any team. Was very fortunate to connect on some low percentage deep balls. The game was close through the 3rd quarter, even when Flacco was at home. The Texans defensive coordinator estimates the Texans defense is 30% better now and has more installed in playbook. We get to find out if that is right.

Every QB has good and bad days. Flacco has the benefit of a good running game and defense so it doesn't have to be all about him. The Texans finally have a defense that is not a total liability so it gives their offensive scheme a chance to stay in just about every game.