Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The story of Cary Williams survival

I would normally feel pretty douchey about posting a link to one of my own stories, blatantly asking you to read it, especially considering digital subscriptions, limited page views, etc. But this story about Cary Williams is an act of bravery on his part, and it will make you feel even more affection for Ray Lewis if you make it to the end. I hope you'll give it a read. Happy playoff week, Ravens fans.

KVV

http://bsun.md/wXW57x

2. Re: The story of Cary Williams survival

Good stuff, Kevin. I liked your piece on Yanda last week.... keep up the good work.

Re: The story of Cary Williams survival

great story. Cary Williams has been great story for the Ravens this season and it is nice to hear about his upbringing. Also shows the impact of Ray Lewis in the locker room.

It is really tough for kids growing up with mentally ill parents especially schizophrenia. I think you did a good job in a short piece to characterize his father as an overwhelmed single parent doing the best he could to keep his kids straight. Its hard to like any parent that abuses his kids but Cary's dad comes across as generally decent in your piece. I was glad read that Cary and him have worked things out.

Whatever happened to Cary's brother?
    Last edited by Galen Sevinne; 01-13-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Kevin, you're one of the only reasons I still bother reading. Keep up the good work.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

KVV

Not to kiss your butt too much, but it's evident how much work went into that article. Williams has been a mysterious story with his college transfer, suspension and ascent to starter from PS guy this year. I'm sure it took a lot of trust-building to get him to open up. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Whatever happened to Cary's brother?
    Ronald is in the Navy. He's married, I believe. I meant to mention that, just got too focused on Cary's role. He's a survivor in all this too.

Wow. Great stuff, KVV ...

... and don't be apologetic about self promotion. You're in the biz of getting eyes on your product. I'd be concerned if you didn't try and get folks to read your stuff.

Good read, once i started I couldn't stop until the end. Keep up the good work.

9. Re: The story of Cary Williams survival

I highly recommend listening to "Hug it out Radio" on WNST. Kevin & Glenn Clark put together an entertaining 20 minutes of radio.

Blog Entries

Great read. I had heard he had a rough upbringing but didnt know the extent of it. Ive been rooting for this kid since we signed him from the Titans.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    I highly recommend listening to "Hug it out Radio" on WNST. Kevin & Glenn Clark put together an entertaining 20 minutes of radio.
    :word

Thanks, Kevin.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.