Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: First ever home divisional round game

No the Ravens were the two seed that year. And they did get the first round bye. The Colts defeated the Chiefs wild card weekend and traveled to play us in Baltimore. The Pats beat the Jets? and traveled to play SD in the next round.

That was one of the few years in recent memory that neither the one or two seed made it to the AFC Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by jefe96 View Post
    Chargers were the #1 seed. And the ironic or sad thing is that the Patriots went out the next day and beat San Diego so if the Ravens would have been able to beat the Colts then the AFCCG would have been in Baltimore.

Colts were the 3 seed. They beat the Chiefs at home in the Wild Card. The Ravens definitely had a bye because I remember the loooonnngg 2 weeks of build up to that game. Then when they knew it would be the Colts there was a solid week of nothing but how the Colts left Baltimore, etc.
    And the Chargers had that game wrapped up with an interception by Brady late in the 4th quarter, but instead of just going down, the guy that intercepted the pass tried to run with it and fumbled, thus giving the Patriots a new set of downs.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    You know I thought that too, but I just analyzed the play by play of the game and they didn't abadon the run in the 2nd Half. Quinn Sypnewski - False Start & JO Holding on consecutive plays killed that drive and they were forced them to kick the 51yd FG. Next drive after the Reed INT and a nice 21yd pass to Clayton, Jamal gets it on 1st down and only gains 1. This eventually results in a 3rd and long and bam.. the INT. Next drive & still down 12-6, they ran the ball on 1st down, and Jamal only gets 2. Ultimately you gotta get more than 1 or 2 yds running the ball on 1st down b/c when its 2nd and 8+ and you've been ineffective running the ball all nite, it becomes a passing situation on 2nd and 3rd downs.

I blame (RIP) Steve McNair for a utter stinker.
    Boller and his strong arm should have been in for the second half. McNair had nothing. Stretch the defense with a couple attempted deep throws (hopefully at least one completion) to stretch the defense and make the Ersatz Colts be concerned with the run and passes of all lengths, not just the short ones McNair could throw, which allowed them to focus on the run and short passes.

Boller had done well playing for McNair that season.
    Al