Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm starting to think there may be slightly more Texans fans than people think.

Watching the news here and there are a TON of folks making the trip.

Blog Entries

Re: Come on season ticket holders, do NOT sell your seats to brokers

He had to pay 700.00 for both playoff games, even if there isn't a second... my bad. :grbac:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm starting to think there may be slightly more Texans fans than people think.

Watching the news here and there are a TON of folks making the trip.
    How many people can they put on the news? I ain't buying. 2,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How many people can they put on the news? I ain't buying. 2,000.
    Granted. But consider ...

Large number of ticket buying from Texans residents
    Flights are booked solid
    Hotels are almost at full capacity around the stadium

Back in week one, we made the trip to Baltimore with relative ease, having no problem finding a decent priced hotel. And that was Steelers week.

Will it be the days of old when 30-35% of the stadium was filled with Steelers fans? No. But its starting to have a feel for me that this will be more of a Texan invasion than people are realizing.

3,000 - 3,500

My ex-boss has 4 psl and season ticket plans. He would buy the maximum amount of extra tickets he was allowed for every home game. He then sold the extra tickets on ebay for a profit and usually made enough money to pay for his own personal tickets for the year. The big name games always brought a premium price.

From someone who sat through a Steeler game back in 1998 where it was probably 70/30 Squeelers, I doubt this will be a true invasion. That said, if there's a couple thousand so be. All the more reason to be LOUD. Take them out of the game early.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Back in week one, we made the trip to Baltimore with relative ease, having no problem finding a decent priced hotel. And that was Steelers week.
    Hotels and flights are not comparable. Most Steeler fans that come to our stadium live here. Most from Pittsburgh would travel via car. Almost none spend the night. I never have going to Pittsburgh.

A large number of Texans buying the tickets via brokers is a relative thing. We mashed those numbers earlier and on the one site between 800-900 Texans were buying from that major site, and that was being generous with the numbers. And of course, two of those tickets might have been you. ;)

Even at 3500 they wouldn't make a difference. I will stick at 2000.

I think to have any noticeable presence in the stadium there would have to be at least 10% and that would be 7000. There is no way 7000 Houston fans show. Anyway, I like have the occasional opposition fan close by. It makes it more fun.

People can do whatever they want with their tickets. Its a shame if PSL owners can't afford them and need to sell them. To be such a committed fan and finally get a home playoff game and not be able to go would suck. I know a couple people who have PSLs and aren't going. One is a huge fan who is just choosing to watch it on t.v. and not pay the money for the tickets and the other really just uses his tickets for business.

I would be cleaning gutters if thats what it took to scrape up $500 it costs for my 2 seats for the two games.

Now that I think about this, it's logistically impossible for "thousands" of Texans fans to fly up here for the game, and the drive is 1400 miles, so they sure as hell aren't driving here..

There aren't that many Texans fans in this area either. At the game in week 6, I think i saw 3 of them and I'm being serious.

I think that smarmy broker was just being an asswipe because he was on TV. Probably trying to get Ravens fans to call in and buy the big stack of tickets he can't unload.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Now that I think about this, it's logistically impossible for "thousands" of Texans fans to fly up here
    Huh?

Cities all over the word host events consisting of tens of thousands of folks and have no issue getting people to and from. Why is it impossible for this event?

Blog Entries

Think Super Bowl. Usually it is fans from two different cities flying in. Plus there are 3 large airports, BWI, Reagan, Dulles all in the area.

i would pay anymoney to go see that game if i lived near by, i would not give up a seat. Considered flying over from the UK if we had the steelers