Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Come on season ticket holders, do NOT sell your seats to brokers

Saw a clip on the news last night where they interviewed some sleazy guy who runs a local ticket brokerage. He says that several thousand season ticket holders went through him to unload their playoff tickets and that he has fielded thousands of calls from Texans fans. In other words, the tickets aren't being sold to other Ravens fans.

We've waited 6 years for a home playoff game and then people make a buck off their tickets instead of supporting the team. Come on people!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Saw a clip on the news last night where they interviewed some sleazy guy who runs a local ticket brokerage. He says that several thousand season ticket holders went through him to unload their playoff tickets and that he has fielded thousands of calls from Texans fans. In other words, the tickets aren't being sold to other Ravens fans.

We've waited 6 years for a home playoff game and then people make a buck off their tickets instead of supporting the team. Come on people!
    We Texans fans are coming up strong. I bought a single in Section 153 Row 38. Can't wait for the game.

You probably should have sprung for lower level buddy. Things get nasty for opposing fans up in the 500's.

My bad, misread your post. You'll be fine. Just be ready to be disappointed.

Blog Entries

Re: Come on season ticket holders, do NOT sell your seats to brokers

I don't mind people making a buck, but damn check your friends before handing it to some brokerage. Or even craigslist, and ebay. This way you can control who you sell your seats too. Going to a broker is just laziness.

6. Re: Come on season ticket holders, do NOT sell your seats to brokers

Craigslist has so many tickets for sale it's a bit of a mess. My dad usually drops his on Ticketmaster exchange and they haven't sold this week. I guess a lot of people don't want to go to this game. I put a post on this forum for them if anybody is interested in 3 really good upper level 50-yard-line seats.

Everyone bitches about not getting a home playoff game.. Then we get one and people head straight to eBay, Craiglist, Stubhub or brokers and try to make a quick buck. It's a joke.

I realize that even on a bad day it may be 65,000 Ravens fans and 5,000 Texans fans.. But that's still way too many ticket holders letting the other team get ahold seats to a prime game.

Blog Entries

Texans fans are going to be too cold to be making much noise. Once that wind hits them their teeth will be chattering.

There are way more season ticket packages owned by ticket brokers than most people realize. I would bet 75% of what you see on Stub Hub, etc. That pisses me off more than the few dozen/hundred fans selling for whatever reason. Although I agree if you are selling because you cant make it or something, go to friends and neighbors who are Ravens fans first.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Nonsense. There will not be "thousands of Texans fans" in our stadium. Well, there may be 2,000 so I guess that is "thousands".

That broker could not have possibly fielded "thousands of calls from Texans fans." Not unless he has dozens of people working for him. And fielding calls could be nothing more than fans testing the waters regarding budget. In making a go/no go decision you figure up ticket, travel and hotel costs. When that number gets to 4 figures, and given the travel cost if flying it will for most, many will bag it.

2,000 Texans fans is my prediction, which is our normal Stooler invasion which amounts to not much.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Everyone bitches about not getting a home playoff game.. Then we get one and people head straight to eBay, Craiglist, Stubhub or brokers and try to make a quick buck. It's a joke.

I realize that even on a bad day it may be 65,000 Ravens fans and 5,000 Texans fans.. But that's still way too many ticket holders letting the other team get ahold seats to a prime game.
    About 5-6000 of the PSL holders are brokers. Most of those will be sold to Ravens fans. Their presence won't be much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

Agreed!

A few extra hundred dollars (if even that) isn't worth missing a game like this.