Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Watching the first Ravens vs. Texans right now on NFLN

Ive downloaded all the games. I did re-watch that game last Friday. I think the texas team has evolved into something diffirent then that game we played them. Yates is no Shaub...

2. Re: Watching the first Ravens vs. Texans right now on NFLN

I know Grubbs wasn't in there, but I am a bit concerned after watching their defense take it to our O-line. :grbac:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    I know Grubbs wasn't in there, but I am a bit concerned after watching their defense take it to our O-line. :grbac:
    If memory serves me correctly we had a couple of games b4 this where our o line wasn't really in sync against lesser opponents than HOU after losing Grubbs ! But when he came back it made a world of difference !

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hope some of the over-confident Ravens fans are watching this and are reminded to the fact the Texans were not put away until well into the 4th quarter.

To them, this game was some sort of blow out. The final score was not an indicator of how the game actually played out.
    First, TJ Yates is not going to be converting a lot of 3rd downs. They're one dimensional, and the Ravens don't lose much to one dimensional teams that have to rely on the run. Second, Grubbs > Gurode, so I expect the o-line to perform much better than the first time around. There may be some tense moments, but I think the Texans are outmanned and outgunned.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hope some of the over-confident Ravens fans are watching this and are reminded to the fact the Texans were not put away until well into the 4th quarter.

To them, this game was some sort of blow out. The final score was not an indicator of how the game actually played out.
    I don't think there are many Ravens fans that are over confident but most are confident.

While you make a good point about the game not being put away until about 5 minutes left, the Ravens left a lot of points on the board. If they convert two of those FG opportunities to TD's then the score is 24-14 at the end of the third quarter or even better 21-7 midway through the third quarter.

The Texans are going to be tough because what the game showed is that they had some opportunities that they just couldn't capitalize on in the running game and they got good pressure on Oher's side.

To me the most concerning thing is our red zone efficiency. We have got to convert more of those into touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I don't think there are many Ravens fans that are over confident but most are confident.

While you make a good point about the game not being put away until about 5 minutes left, the Ravens left a lot of points on the board. If they convert two of those FG opportunities to TD's then the score is 24-14 at the end of the third quarter or even better 21-7 midway through the third quarter.

The Texans are going to be tough because what the game showed is that they had some opportunities that they just couldn't capitalize on in the running game and they got good pressure on Oher's side.
    Plus we spotted them seven points with Flacco's fumble in the EZ after Gurode whiffs on a block.

Just win the turnover battle, and there will be no concerns.

Grubbs isn't going to let JJ Watt just run by him. At least not on every play like Gurode did.

Joe really took a beating, even still he can't fumble. Some of those hits could've been roughing the passer.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

10. Re: Watching the first Ravens vs. Texans right now on NFLN

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Joe really took a beating, even still he can't fumble. Some of those hits could've been roughing the passer.
    I totally agree with you, Dade! They hit him way after he had thrown the ball and if it had been Brady or P. Manning, there would have been quite a few roughing the passer penalties called!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I'm hoping a more cohesive OL than in week 5 will reduce the pressure Joe felt in the first game.

I am watching it now on NFLN.

Not sure why so many of you are hard on Dierdorf. He's an older Chucky -- he basically loves everybody on the field no matter what team they play for. He also wont shut up about Rice.