Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Watching the first Ravens vs. Texans right now on NFLN

just in case anyone is interested ;)

Re: Watching the first Ravens vs. Texans right now on NFLN

I had forgotten Leach came this () close to a rushing TD and Antonio Smith's personal fouls on that 1st quarter drive.

I'm watching. Joe Flacco was at his best on that first drive. Andre Gurode played horrible. He had no idea who to block and often times didn't block anybody.

Also notice how many third and longs the Texans converted. Yates is going to have to do that.

Blog Entries

I forgot we benifited from two personal foul penalties on that goaline.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Hope some of the over-confident Ravens fans are watching this and are reminded to the fact the Texans were not put away until well into the 4th quarter.

To them, this game was some sort of blow out. The final score was not an indicator of how the game actually played out.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hope some of the over-confident Ravens fans are watching this and are reminded to the fact the Texans were not put away until well into the 4th quarter.

To them, this game was some sort of blow out. The final score was not an indicator of how the game actually played out.
    First, TJ Yates is not going to be converting a lot of 3rd downs. They're one dimensional, and the Ravens don't lose much to one dimensional teams that have to rely on the run. Second, Grubbs > Gurode, so I expect the o-line to perform much better than the first time around. There may be some tense moments, but I think the Texans are outmanned and outgunned.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I don't think there are many Ravens fans that are over confident but most are confident.

While you make a good point about the game not being put away until about 5 minutes left, the Ravens left a lot of points on the board. If they convert two of those FG opportunities to TD's then the score is 24-14 at the end of the third quarter or even better 21-7 midway through the third quarter.

The Texans are going to be tough because what the game showed is that they had some opportunities that they just couldn't capitalize on in the running game and they got good pressure on Oher's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I don't think there are many Ravens fans that are over confident but most are confident.

While you make a good point about the game not being put away until about 5 minutes left, the Ravens left a lot of points on the board. If they convert two of those FG opportunities to TD's then the score is 24-14 at the end of the third quarter or even better 21-7 midway through the third quarter.

The Texans are going to be tough because what the game showed is that they had some opportunities that they just couldn't capitalize on in the running game and they got good pressure on Oher's side.
    Plus we spotted them seven points with Flacco's fumble in the EZ after Gurode whiffs on a block.

Just win the turnover battle, and there will be no concerns.

Texans fans are confident they'll win ....

10. Re: Watching the first Ravens vs. Texans right now on NFLN

Its amazing how many 3rd down Matt Shaub converted, at one point he was 4 for 5 on 3rd downs.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

DVRing it now. Will be watching it once my room mate finishes up his Skyrim run.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369214,-76.761229
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries
    Now I can clearly see there will be a considerable difference between Matt and Yates specially on 3rd down! Now The question is how much of a threat Andre is, not at 100% as it relates to bringing safeties down for run support or leaving them high to help with him!

And I forgot Grubbs was out last time