Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

Accuweather is now saying high of 35, sunny and 9 mph winds, which is pretty close to weather.com's prediction. It doesn't sound like the conditions are going to be particularly harsh for two run first teams. I don't see the weather being a big factor in this game.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Dawn, the tarps as sides are probably not going to fly with the Lot Nazis. They will not allowed anything like a tent. I will bring a fire pit like yours and coal, but we can sneak some wood into the mix when they are not around.
    I'm only going to do it on three sides, so technically it isn't a tent. I just really want it as a way to block any wind. Even if I have to go with 2 walls, I might be able to get away with it.

The only reason they said anything to me last time was because the Boss' Boss was at that game. Jay, the guy that runs Lot J (that's how I remember his name) is very cool and wouldn't care one way or another.

NTM, I'll offer it's to the Lot Crew to warm up. Hopefully, that will give me some leedway.

Oh and definitely bring charcoal for that firepit. If Boss' Boss is there, you'll get a visit by BCFD's smallest truck (or should I say golf cart). But I'll bring some small wood to sneak into the fire. I'm bringing my two small propane heaters, so the Lot Nazis don't get me again.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

We were told previously that even pop ups were not allowed. After some reasoning cooler heads prevailed but we were warned not to put up any sides. I would go ahead and give it a shot. Keep the space next to you open if we are not there yet, I want in on that tent.

Quote Originally Posted by rla20cpa View Post
    He reminded me of "Weekend at Bernie's". He did sound irritated though, like he was late for an opera. Last show because you "broke the bank" .... ;)

P.S. You knew it was "Paris"
    Ha. This is what I was thinking if you want to know in all its verbose glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    When its cold the x-factor is always the wind chill.

I think it was like 17 degrees at kickoff when we beat the Broncos here in 2000, so it'll be balmy by comparison come Sunday.

The Texans are a cheezy warm weather team.. Even closed their dome and turned on the air conditioning because it was 82* outside last week. Pansies!!
    They closed the roof to increase the noise. I've spoken to people who have been to many playoff games who said it was the loudest stadium at field level they've ever heard.

This week it has been cold, often windy all week. The players love it. They've beaten Bears in Chicago, and Green Bay in Lambeau in previous years so this offense isn't all about fastest show on turf (the Texans play on grass).

We were told previously that even pop ups were not allowed. After some reasoning cooler heads prevailed but we were warned not to put up any sides. I would go ahead and give it a shot. Keep the space next to you open if we are not there yet, I want in on that tent.
    WTH?? They don't allow popups? What is the reason for that?

Living down here in FL now, I'm gonna miss the game in person. BUT... I'll be watching with Ravens decor on outside of house. I will be warm but my Beefeater will be cold. Here's hoping the Ravens O is more than warm. Can you say hot as hell? Hi to ole buddies on this board..

That's not what the rules that they handed out the first 2 - 3 games of the year said. IIRC, it said that pop-ups were only allowed on the grassy areas.

I will save the spaces on either side of my vehicle for our posse.

Quote Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
    WTH?? They don't allow popups? What is the reason for that?
    Because they are uptight jackwagons. Damn Lot Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Because they are uptight jackwagons. Damn Lot Nazis.
    I was thinking some clear plastic (If I can find some thick enough) to put around the ez-up. Might keep the Nazis away as it would be harder to see.

Texans are 6-2 when it's 40° or lower at kickoff.

02 - Pit, win, 35° wind chill 27
    04 - Chi, win, 12° wind chill -8
    04 - Jac, win, 40° wind chill 30
    08 - Cle, win, 30° wind chill 20
    08 - GB, win, 3° wind chill -3
    10 - Phi, loss, 36° wind chill 32
    10 - Ten, loss, 36° wind chill 33
    11 - Cin, win, 34° wind chill 30

This isnt high school ball. Both teams are professionals, and will adjust to the weather accordingly.