Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carney
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update



    Sorry. Just saw this. Been busy the last day.

    Just looked at the latest weather models. High temp should be in the 35-38F range downtown on Sunday. Temp at the start of tailgating (8-9am) should be in the 25-28 range. If you live outside the city than temps around the same time will be in the lower 20s.

    Winds should be around 10mph for most of the day with a few higher gusts at times so it will feel even chillier at times. There is a weak upper air disturbance that will pass to our South on Sunday hence the reason you will see a 20% chance of light snow or flurries. The system is very dry and won't have the ability to tap into any real moisture source.

    For the folks (like me!) who sit in the Upper Deck make sure you dress for winds in the 10-20mph range.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

    I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Bring on the cold. Playoff weather...it will probably be like was for the Denver game in 2000. That was a pretty good year.








  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Panama City Beach FL
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Bring on the cold. Playoff weather...it will probably be like was for the Denver game in 2000. That was a pretty good year.
    Now that was one COLD game. But it was fun, the cheering kept us warm!!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello





  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,425
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    When its cold the x-factor is always the wind chill.

    I think it was like 17 degrees at kickoff when we beat the Broncos here in 2000, so it'll be balmy by comparison come Sunday.

    The Texans are a cheezy warm weather team.. Even closed their dome and turned on the air conditioning because it was 82* outside last week. Pansies!!




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    833

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    You know what I am bringing for the toast.
    Ah yes, love those Confederate Martinis!

    Hope you got alot 'cus that just sounds like it's real good.
    Hubby got the big bottle, so yup, I'll be sharin'!

    Noooo!!! Its been cold here, we aren't used to watching a game in brutally cold conditions. Hey just out of curiosity what do y'all wear when it's that cold to a game.

    Meaning how do you wear a jersey and rep your team while staying warm. I was planning on wearing a hoodie underneath but that won't be warm enough apparently. I have a thick winter coat but then I won't stand out wearing my team colors
    The best thing to wear is a lot of layers. I wear Under Armor Coldgear underneath my purple camos with compression shorts. Up top, I usually wear 2 long sleeved T-shirts, a Ravens hoodie and my jersey. I also add my winter coat (Ravens), gloves and a hat for the colder games (which this one will be). For the feet, a pair of sythentic blend socks (Ravens), thinner Ravens socks (ankle length) and my Timberland boots (insulated). I'll bring my ski pants just in case the tailgate is colder than expected but unless it's below 30 degrees, they won't go into the stadium with me.

    To me, the most important thing to have is a hoodie. It's great for a windy game since it will cover your head and neck, but you can still hear. And you can stick your hands in the pockets to keep them warm as well.

    I'll be bringing lots of hand warmers and foot warmers to share. (Target had them at the Dollar Spot. I love Target.) And I'm hoping to get some tarps to put up as side walls to my EZ Up and put my two heaters in there making it a "warming tent".
    Last edited by GirlsKickButt; 01-13-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Punctuation




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,491

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Dawn, the tarps as sides are probably not going to fly with the Lot Nazis. They will not allowed anything like a tent. I will bring a fire pit like yours and coal, but we can sneak some wood into the mix when they are not around.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Baltimore
    Posts
    1,577
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Accuweather is now saying high of 35, sunny and 9 mph winds, which is pretty close to weather.com's prediction. It doesn't sound like the conditions are going to be particularly harsh for two run first teams. I don't see the weather being a big factor in this game.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    833

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Dawn, the tarps as sides are probably not going to fly with the Lot Nazis. They will not allowed anything like a tent. I will bring a fire pit like yours and coal, but we can sneak some wood into the mix when they are not around.
    I'm only going to do it on three sides, so technically it isn't a tent. I just really want it as a way to block any wind. Even if I have to go with 2 walls, I might be able to get away with it.

    The only reason they said anything to me last time was because the Boss' Boss was at that game. Jay, the guy that runs Lot J (that's how I remember his name) is very cool and wouldn't care one way or another.

    NTM, I'll offer it's to the Lot Crew to warm up. Hopefully, that will give me some leedway.

    Oh and definitely bring charcoal for that firepit. If Boss' Boss is there, you'll get a visit by BCFD's smallest truck (or should I say golf cart). But I'll bring some small wood to sneak into the fire. I'm bringing my two small propane heaters, so the Lot Nazis don't get me again.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,491

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    We were told previously that even pop ups were not allowed. After some reasoning cooler heads prevailed but we were warned not to put up any sides. I would go ahead and give it a shot. Keep the space next to you open if we are not there yet, I want in on that tent.




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas US of A
    Posts
    103

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by rla20cpa View Post
    He reminded me of "Weekend at Bernie's". He did sound irritated though, like he was late for an opera. Last show because you "broke the bank" ....


    P.S. You knew it was "Paris"
    Ha. This is what I was thinking if you want to know in all its verbose glory.




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas US of A
    Posts
    103

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    When its cold the x-factor is always the wind chill.

    I think it was like 17 degrees at kickoff when we beat the Broncos here in 2000, so it'll be balmy by comparison come Sunday.

    The Texans are a cheezy warm weather team.. Even closed their dome and turned on the air conditioning because it was 82* outside last week. Pansies!!
    They closed the roof to increase the noise. I've spoken to people who have been to many playoff games who said it was the loudest stadium at field level they've ever heard.

    This week it has been cold, often windy all week. The players love it. They've beaten Bears in Chicago, and Green Bay in Lambeau in previous years so this offense isn't all about fastest show on turf (the Texans play on grass).




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas US of A
    Posts
    103

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    We were told previously that even pop ups were not allowed. After some reasoning cooler heads prevailed but we were warned not to put up any sides. I would go ahead and give it a shot. Keep the space next to you open if we are not there yet, I want in on that tent.
    WTH?? They don't allow popups? What is the reason for that?




  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast Florida
    Posts
    392

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Living down here in FL now, I'm gonna miss the game in person. BUT... I'll be watching with Ravens decor on outside of house. I will be warm but my Beefeater will be cold. Here's hoping the Ravens O is more than warm. Can you say hot as hell? Hi to ole buddies on this board..




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    833

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    We were told previously that even pop ups were not allowed. After some reasoning cooler heads prevailed but we were warned not to put up any sides. I would go ahead and give it a shot. Keep the space next to you open if we are not there yet, I want in on that tent.
    That's not what the rules that they handed out the first 2 - 3 games of the year said. IIRC, it said that pop-ups were only allowed on the grassy areas.

    I will save the spaces on either side of my vehicle for our posse.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    833

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
    WTH?? They don't allow popups? What is the reason for that?
    Because they are uptight jackwagons. Damn Lot Nazis.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland