Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You better bring that winter coat! I am telling you, that wind off the harbor is brutal.

I am bringing my wind-proof UA winter jacket (jersey worn underneath), knit cap, flannel lined jeans courtesy of the Eddie Bauer store in the Galleria, long underwear, SmartWool socks and water / wind proof Timberland hiking boots --- and I will still feel cold most of the afternoon.

You also dehydrate faster in colder temperatures than you do in warmer climates. Combine that with drinking and you could be setting yourself up for a fall if you're not drinking enough water to go along with your adult beverages.
    Your gonna be dressed like you are going to the Ravens and Skins night game from a few years ago when it was about 12 degrees.

if its in the lower 30's it wont be bad until you are in the shade. where I sit that's usually right after halftime.

as for showing team colors when it really cold I usually wear a t- shirt, 2 long T-shirts, a hooded sweat shirt, and my jersey. If its really cold ill add another sweat shirt but the jersey is always on the outside. As for the lower half I wear a pair of gym shorts followed by sweat pants then a pair of jeans. On the feet I wear 2 pair of thick socks. I NEVER wear gloves reason being more noise can be made with bear hands clapping then with gloves on. between plays and on offense my hands are in the pockets of my hoody to stay warm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    in the lower 30's it wont be bad until you are in the shade. where I sit that's usually right after halftime.
    A lot of factors to consider with the weather. The visitors side of the field is always much warmer because it gets direct sun. The Ravens side of the field and stands are much colder , as much as a 20 degree difference some games. Same with tailgating. Big difference if you are under 395 vs out in the sun.

Hope it snows. It adds to the ambiance.

Coldest games I've ever been to:
    Week 17 last year vs. Cincy, I was in the top row of the upper deck (great seats, right?)
    This year vs. 49ers, but I was in a box :D

I'll be in the lower level on Sunday. At least the wind isn't down there.

Blog Entries

So January might actually feel like January

Blog Entries

PolyPro is coming out for this game I guess, and prob the bear suit bottoms. Long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt and jersey. Neck gator and skully. This is good down to about 20 degrees and a little wind.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

My wife got us some sweet heavy Ravens coats a few years back.

To the Texans fans, two tips. One well known. Layers, layers, layers. T-shirt, sweat shirt, jersey, heavy coat for me. Second and lesser known tip, carry in a piece of carbaord about 12X18 inches to put your feet on. Trust me on this, concrete sucks the warmth out of you. That piece of carboard provides a bit of insulation that does wonders for your toes.

I will wear one thin sock, one thick, and also have foot warmers that generate heat as I walk, so I stand a lot when it is cold and walk in place.

Long johns are a must for the legs. I may go with sweat pants on top of those with the camos on tops. I like the camos but there are not that thick.

A seat cushion or more cardboard for your butt is not a bad idea.

Sorry. Just saw this. Been busy the last day.

Just looked at the latest weather models. High temp should be in the 35-38F range downtown on Sunday. Temp at the start of tailgating (8-9am) should be in the 25-28 range. If you live outside the city than temps around the same time will be in the lower 20s.

Winds should be around 10mph for most of the day with a few higher gusts at times so it will feel even chillier at times. There is a weak upper air disturbance that will pass to our South on Sunday hence the reason you will see a 20% chance of light snow or flurries. The system is very dry and won't have the ability to tap into any real moisture source.

For the folks (like me!) who sit in the Upper Deck make sure you dress for winds in the 10-20mph range.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Bring on the cold. Playoff weather...it will probably be like was for the Denver game in 2000. That was a pretty good year.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Bring on the cold. Playoff weather...it will probably be like was for the Denver game in 2000. That was a pretty good year.
    Now that was one COLD game. But it was fun, the cheering kept us warm!!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

When its cold the x-factor is always the wind chill.

I think it was like 17 degrees at kickoff when we beat the Broncos here in 2000, so it'll be balmy by comparison come Sunday.

The Texans are a cheezy warm weather team.. Even closed their dome and turned on the air conditioning because it was 82* outside last week. Pansies!!

You know what I am bringing for the toast.
    Ah yes, love those Confederate Martinis!

Hope you got alot 'cus that just sounds like it's real good.
    Hubby got the big bottle, so yup, I'll be sharin'!

Noooo!!! Its been cold here, we aren't used to watching a game in brutally cold conditions. Hey just out of curiosity what do y'all wear when it's that cold to a game.

Meaning how do you wear a jersey and rep your team while staying warm. I was planning on wearing a hoodie underneath but that won't be warm enough apparently. I have a thick winter coat but then I won't stand out wearing my team colors
    The best thing to wear is a lot of layers. I wear Under Armor Coldgear underneath my purple camos with compression shorts. Up top, I usually wear 2 long sleeved T-shirts, a Ravens hoodie and my jersey. I also add my winter coat (Ravens), gloves and a hat for the colder games (which this one will be). For the feet, a pair of sythentic blend socks (Ravens), thinner Ravens socks (ankle length) and my Timberland boots (insulated). I'll bring my ski pants just in case the tailgate is colder than expected but unless it's below 30 degrees, they won't go into the stadium with me.

To me, the most important thing to have is a hoodie. It's great for a windy game since it will cover your head and neck, but you can still hear. And you can stick your hands in the pockets to keep them warm as well.

I'll be bringing lots of hand warmers and foot warmers to share. (Target had them at the Dollar Spot. I love Target.) And I'm hoping to get some tarps to put up as side walls to my EZ Up and put my two heaters in there making it a "warming tent".
    Last edited by GirlsKickButt; 01-13-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Dawn, the tarps as sides are probably not going to fly with the Lot Nazis. They will not allowed anything like a tent. I will bring a fire pit like yours and coal, but we can sneak some wood into the mix when they are not around.