Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

The weather forecast is turning from uncomfortable to brutal, per the updated Accuweather forecast. Start the tailgate party in at 20 degree wind chill? Gametime temp 33 with 13 mph wind coming off the harbor?

Question: what's your take on precipitation? I've heard it mumbled a few times.

Pity the Texan fans coming up from the balmy Gulf Coast, used to watching the play in a domed stadium!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

The Texans will be wishing they could close the lid on the Vault. :D

Wunderground is stating there is a 20% chance of snow too.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...altimore%2C+md

Yeah, WxKevin, WTF? It originally looked like a decent day at 42 with no rain!

Ok, Cotton Candy Vodka will now be coming to the tailgate with me.

You know what I am bringing for the toast.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Ok, Cotton Candy Vodka will now be coming to the tailgate with me.
    Hope you got alot 'cus that just sounds like it's real good.

I said something about the weather last week in a thread regarding the Texans, their schedule this year and where they've played.
    They haven't played anywhere this entire year where it gets cold.
    Every game they've played has either been at home, a dome, warm weather city or in cold weather cities before it got cold.

Will it have an effect?

Who knows, but no way does it help a team that is coming from an indoor type facility that hasn't played in the cold.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Hope you got alot 'cus that just sounds like it's real good.

I said something about the weather last week in a thread regarding the Texans, their schedule this year and where they've played.
    They haven't played anywhere this entire year where it gets cold.
    Every game they've played has either been at home, a dome, warm weather city or in cold weather cities before it got cold.

Will it have an effect?

Who knows, but no way does it help a team that is coming from an indoor type facility that hasn't played in the cold.
    FWIW, I think they've won every cold weather game they've played under Kubiak. It hasn't been many. Temps have been windy and cold here this week but not nearly as cold. Our weather is moving your way, I believe. They practice outdoors most of the time, they don't practice in their stadium.

Generally, the players say they like this sort of weather--much better than the 100 degree temps they have in training camp. Given that they don't play a dome style of offense, and very much rely on the running game, I don't think it is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
    They practice outdoors most of the time, they don't practice in their stadium. Generally, the players say they like this sort of weather--much better than the 100 degree temps they have in training camp. Given that they don't play a dome style of offense, and very much rely on the running game, I don't think it is an issue.
    While true the Texans do not practice IN the stadium, they do practice indoors. And frequently. They have the practice bubble off of Kirby, across the street from Reliant.

They use it often -- summer and winter alike.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    While true the Texans do not practice IN the stadium, they do practice indoors. And frequently. They have the practice bubble off of Kirby, across the street from Reliant.

They use it often -- summer and winter alike.
    I'm credentialed and go to practice. They do their morning practice outside just about every time unless there's thunder. Kubiak likes the players running on grass because he thinks it is easier on injuries than the turf, and there's just so much more room to spread the different units out and to use the equipment. They do their afternoon walk-thrus often indoors--not their real practices.

2-a-days aren't allowed under the new CBA, but even before they were banned, the Texans typically one real practice outdoors, and one walkthru in the bubble. The bubble feels real confined when they have to do a real practice indoors due to weather.

TWC says 37 and sunny for both Saturday and Sunday. No real wind to speak of, supposed to be bad tomorrow but then move out.

I don't care if it was -37 I will still be there.

12. Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

Good news.

Bundle up, guys.