Light Rail to the game from the BWI Direction? Recommended stop?

The wife and I have decided this time instead of dealing with the North Ave small cramped light rail parking stop we'd like to try one of the stops coming from the BWI side of the light rail. Any stop recommendations? Looking for a stop with good # available of spaces and easy decent access, looks like North Linthicum, Cromwell or Patapsco are the biggest ones...

Re: Light Rail to the game from the BWI Direction? Recommended stop?

One of the best kept secrets of the Light Rail is the penultimate stop on the BWI line: BWI Business Park. Unlike the mobs at Cromwell, it's cozy small, yet ample parking. Remember that the lines split somewhere along the way (N Linthicum?) and the MTA tries to schedule every other train to either Cromwell or BWI. You can take any train out of the stadium, but if you are on a Cromwell train, you would have to exit where the lines split to get the next train out towards BWI.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I always park at Patapsco. Good thing about using that station is that since it's north of the split, you can take the first train that comes and don't have to bother with transferring later. The other advantage over the BWI lot or Cromwell lots is that it's only a few stops from the stadium, so the ride both ways is quick. Even if you have to stand, it's no biggie. On the way home, you will be in your car ~20 minutes sooner than if you ride all the way to Cromwell.

The lot at Patapsco is not huge, and it does fill up. If you can, it's best to arrive a little early. The neighborhood looks kind of industrial and seedy, but I have never had a problem with my personal safety or the safety of my vehicle. If that's at all a worry of yours, take Mista T's advice and use the BWI lot, or maybe Cromwell.

Thanks Mista T, 13r what time would you recommend getting there?

Blog Entries

Get shot at Patapsco ;)

I like getting there early so I usually try to arrive at Patapsco 90 minutes before game time at the latest. I've always found a spot. There IS NOT any safe on-street parking nearby if you miss out.