Transportation to Game?

Hey guys,

Going to the game on sunday! I have heard of groups that take a bus to the game. I checked the ravens website, and it looks like most of the buses are from around the Baltimore area! I am from Southren York County, PA and was wondering if anyone knew of any buses in nothren Harford, Baltimore, county, or York county? Any help would be great!

2. Re: Transportation to Game?

There used to be one leaving from Padonia Rd...don't know if it still runs. You could do the lightrail instead.

Blog Entries

Re: Transportation to Game?

I reccomend the light rail. I've used it every time (except once when my brother was able to score a parking pass in a non-tailgate lot and the Redskins preseason game this year when I had my 3 year old and was able to get a parking pass)...That'd be two pre-season games, one primetime game against Pats and one primetime game against the Steelers.

From York, PA area, your best bet is probably taking 83 down to Hunt Valley Town Centre, parking there and getting on the Light Rail from there. That is the last stop on the light rail line, so going down, you'll get a choice seat, and coming back, you can probably catch a quick bit of shuteye or something. Plus the Town Centre is right there so you can get a cup of coffee for the road.

Also, I noticed most of the traffic after the game was headed the OTHER way on the light rail. So less time waiting for a train to go. Every time but this last one, I used Linthicum station, which is South. That is the route that had most of the "Traffic". Going North, seemed to be less utilized.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Thanks for the information! Thought about the light rail, but I have never taken it. So I wasn't sure what to expect. the only image I have of the light rail, is after the game the line looks three miles long! : )

5. Re: Transportation to Game?

Ive done the Carney park and ride before and it was excellent. Plenty of free parking at the park and ride, get off right outside the stadium, and the buses are waiting right outside the stadium after game...as soon as one bus fills up it takes off and the next bus is there to start loading and so on and so....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fthestoolers View Post
    Thanks for the information! Thought about the light rail, but I have never taken it. So I wasn't sure what to expect. the only image I have of the light rail, is after the game the line looks three miles long! : )
    Let me use the Steelers night game as my example last year...That was surely as packed a game as you can expect, and nobody probably left early from that one...

My wait for a train was probably in the range of maybe 5-10 minutes...And I had a seat on the train. I've been in the past, going the SOUTH line, where people were literally crammed into the train. But taking the North line, right after the game, was not quite as bad. I'm sure it was crowded, but not packed like in other times I've been.

Just food for thought. I'm sure it's a different experience when the trains aren't running ONLY for a Ravens game as they were then.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Thanks for the information guys! Might have to drive to Hunt Valley and jump on the light rail! : )

Quote Originally Posted by fthestoolers View Post
    Thanks for the information guys! Might have to drive to Hunt Valley and jump on the light rail! : )
    Park in the giant lot on Greenspring Drive (Timonium Fairgrounds). Get right off 83 at Padonia Road and make a right on deerco (which turns into Greenspring). Because of red lights and unnecessary small stops, it takes at least 10 minutes to get from Hunt Valley to Timonium. Doesn't sound like much, but as slow as that thing moves, the time saved makes a big difference.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66