1. Message from a Texans fan

First of all, great website!

As a Texans fan and residing in Houston, the general consensus is we're happy to be here and have the utmost respect for the Ravens. There is no rivalry between the Texans and Ravens fan bases and I believe the players also have a mutual respect for one another. Naturally, our enemies are Titans, Colts and Cowboys.

Most knowledgeable Texans fans understand in order to win this game versus Baltimore we have to play a near perfect game.

I think the running game is a push. You have the better QB. The defenses are a push, I respect the heck out of Ray Lewis whom over the last 10 years or so has been my second most favorite player in the NFL. Suggs is a beast and Ngata is incredible. Ed Reed doesn't blow up running backs like he used to but he is still outstanding.

I have to give my Texans a slight edge at the WR position but Torrey Smith scares me. But like Ray Lewis said today, Andre Johnson does a lot in the running game, he is a very good blocker, something all Houston receivers are required to do well.

It's obvious you have the better HC, Wade has saved Kubiak's job this year.

Hopefully this will be a great game. The nationally media continues to overlook this game and whoever comes out victorious deserves tremendous accolaides.

Good luck, guys!

Re: Message from a Texans fan

welcome the board. this should be a great one even if we dont get the tebow/brady/rodgers/brees treatment. Even though the ravens are heavy favorites the texans have what has seemed to beat the ravens this year, good defense and a good running game (see jacksonville, seattle, and tennessee to a certain extent). however the vault should be fired up and hopefully the ravens arent reading all the "easy road to the super bowl" hype and are focused and motivated for this game. I have a lot of respect for the texans and i think theyll be fantastic next year if they can stay healthy. if it were against anyone else, id probably be rooting for the texans. cant wait for sunday!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James Scott View Post

As a Texans fan and residing in Houston, the general consensus is we're happy to be here and have the utmost respect for the Ravens. There is no rivalry between the Texans and Ravens fan bases and I believe the players also have a mutual respect for one another. Naturally, our enemies are Titans, Colts and Cowboys.

Most knowledgeable Texans fans understand in order to win this game versus Baltimore we have to play a near perfect game.

I think the running game is a push. You have the better QB. The defenses are a push, I respect the heck out of Ray Lewis whom over the last 10 years or so has been my second most favorite player in the NFL. Suggs is a beast and Ngata is incredible. Ed Reed doesn't blow up running backs like he used to but he is still outstanding.

I have to give my Texans a slight edge at the WR position but Torrey Smith scares me. But like Ray Lewis said today, Andre Johnson does a lot in the running game, he is a very good blocker, something all Houston receivers are required to do well.

Hopefully this will be a great game. The nationally media continues to overlook this game and whoever comes out victorious deserves tremendous accolaides.

Good luck, guys!

This will be a great game, maybe one of the best PO games
    and it will be close as always between these teams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James Scott View Post

Good luck, guys!

ooopps - double post.

sorry

I am a little afraid of Johnson. I just hope we don't get Kenny Britt-ed all over again. Granted (and I forgot this) we still had Foxworth trying to play during that game.

I get that it makes sense to play with 8 in the box but I hope we don't leave our corners out to dry.

The difference should be the home field atmosphere/crowd and the experience the Ravens have in the playoffs. I personally have a feeling that Joe Flacco silences the national media critics who don't think he has what it takes to win under pressure.