According to www.Baltimoresun.com Yanda had secret leg surgery in December

A well kept secret to say the least. He's evidently OK and ready to go.

Surgery to split a muscle to relieve pressure on blood vessels and nerves.

Blog Entries

Re: According to www.Baltimoresun.com Yanda had secret leg surgery in December

Yanda is a tough SOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yanda is a tough SOB.
    And the best RG in the NFL

After the stories we have heard, he must be the toughest player on the team. He sprung Rice for 70 without being able to breathe and six days out from leg surgery.

GEEZ!

Emergency surgery on Christmas Eve!

Yanda told reporters he had calf surgery the same night he was injured in Cleveland, on Christmas Eve. The first-time Pro Bowler started and played in Cincinnati only a week later.
    “I got leg-whipped in my calf area,” Yanda said. “They had to do emergency surgery that night and slit the muscle open to release the pressure. I was dealing with that, too.
    “It was a nasty scar and a [crappy] way to spend Christmas Eve, but that was the way it was. I was fighting that, too. That was really sore, and my ribs.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...gency-surgery/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

~THIS~ type of player makes rooting for the Ravens all that much better. Marshal Yanda IMO has shown a lot of dedication to the team by putting his team first and suffering through something which would sideline most players.
    Not sure if the NFL makes offensive guard jerseys, however, if they do, I would certainly wear a Yanda jersey with pride.

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    ~THIS~ type of player makes rooting for the Ravens all that much better. Marshal Yanda IMO has shown a lot of dedication to the team by putting his team first and suffering through something which would sideline most players.
    Not sure if the NFL makes offensive guard jerseys, however, if they do, I would certainly wear a Yanda jersey with pride.
    Well said!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    And the best RG in the NFL
    Not according to at least one person who posts here. He says he's barely above average and he watches him a lot and "charts" the line play.

One of my best friends is a surgeon at Union Memorial. Before the Cincy game he told me that there was no way Yanda played, and that we would be lucky to have him in the playoffs. He wouldn't tell me what the injury was but just said that he wouldn't be playing. Sure enough, Yanda played against Cincy and played well. My friend was astonished and still can't believe that he was able to play. Very glad Ozzie locked him up. He is the best RG in football and obviously one tough SOB.

[QUOTE=RavenMadness;397425]GEEZ!

Emergency surgery on Christmas Eve!

Yanda told reporters he had calf surgery the same night he was injured in Cleveland, on Christmas Eve. The first-time Pro Bowler started and played in Cincinnati only a week later.
    “I got leg-whipped in my calf area,” Yanda said. “They had to do emergency surgery that night and slit the muscle open to release the pressure. I was dealing with that, too.
    “It was a nasty scar and a [crappy] way to spend Christmas Eve, but that was the way it was. I was fighting that, too. That was really sore, and my ribs.”

I didn't know he had a secret leg!!

seriously, that is one tough dude and glad he is a Raven!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

how long before the Pigsburgh qb says he had emergency surgery and played the next week?
    no, wait, it's probably already happened twice but he didn't want to publicize it.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    The nfl.com shop allows you to pick any player on the roster so it's certainly possible to get a Yanda jersey.
    Having said that, Nike bring out new jerseys this summer so may as well hang on

Quote Originally Posted by acn2f View Post
    After the stories we have heard, he must be the toughest player on the team.
    I don't know, he's no Paul Kruger