Question Any idea how many supplemental picks we will have?

Any idea how many extra draft picks and possibly what round we may get them in for some of the players we lost in Free Agency?

I have no idea how this system works and how they determine it, but this draft will be loaded and I am curious as to how many picks the Ravens may have.

Re: Any idea how many supplemental picks we will have?

Most likely 3. One for Landry, one for McGahee, and one for Heap.

It's not determined what round until after the season, because productivity is taken into account for.

Edit: Messed up. Won't get one for Willis or Heap because they were cut.
    Last edited by dandrews; 01-11-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Great to know, at least McGahee was pretty productive.

4. Re: Any idea how many supplemental picks we will have?

I highly doubt it will be 3 picks. The Ravens signed Leach & Pollard. I think they'll be lucky to get a 6th round pick.

I'm sure Razor knows.

5. Re: Any idea how many supplemental picks we will have?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    Great to know, at least McGahee was pretty productive.
    Willis & Heap were both cut. The Ravens will receive no compensation for either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    I highly doubt it will be 3 picks. The Ravens signed Leach & Pollard. I think they'll be lucky to get a 6th round pick.

I'm sure Razor knows.
    I lied. Forgot that we won't get one for Willis or Heap because they were released.

They'll definitely get at least a 6th round pick. Possibly 2. That might be it though
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Assuming the system is like it was under the last CBA:

Potentially qualifying FAs the ravens lost (left after expired contract, not cut) Landry, Wilson, LeRon, Chester, Stallworth, Gaither, Fabian, Housh, Moll

Moll probably won't qualifiy since he only played a couple games this year and I can't imagine he got more than the minimum. Fabian was signed by the saints, but he won't count because he was cut and did not play. Housh didn't sign until well into the season so I doubt he counts for us either. Stallworth probably didn't get paid much but he stuck on the roster with WAS and was active and semi-productive all year, so he might count. Gaither is another borderline case since he was cut, but then came on for SD late in the year (I also don't know how much his contract was). So that gives us at a minimum Landry, Wilson, LeRon, and Chester. Maybe Stallworth and/or Gaither.

The qualifying FAs we signed were: Leach, Pollard, Ricky. (McKinnie, Gurode, and Kris Wilson were cut by their teams so they do not qualify against us) I'm pretty sure we don't have anyone else qualifying against us, so the 3 we signed will cancel out 3 of our 4 FA losses. None of our additions got paid as much as landry so they will probably get a 5th for him.

If any of our other losses (Gaither or stallworth) qualify then we will get one more. The way the salaries line up, my guess is that it would be a 5th or 6th for Chester. I think he was the next highest paid average salary, and I'm pretty sure he got a lot more than we gave to Leach or Pollard.

The one wrinkle in all of this is that in years past there was a date mid-way through the summer when FA transactions no longer counted for compensatory picks. With the compressed FA period I don't know what that date might have been or if ANY of the transactions count for compensatory picks this year because the transactions were all so late in the summer. There is also the possibility that the compensatory pick formula changed.

So...
    Most likely: One pick, probably in the 5th round
    Possible: 2 picks, probably 5th and 6th.

Blog Entries

An extra 5th and 6th could equal a 4th round pick at some point.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
    The qualifying FAs we signed were: Leach, Pollard, Ricky. (McKinnie, Gurode, and Kris Wilson were cut by their teams so they do not qualify against us) I'm pretty sure we don't have anyone else qualifying against us, so the 3 we signed will cancel out 3 of our 4 FA losses. None of our additions got paid as much as landry so they will probably get a 5th for him.

If any of our other losses (Gaither or stallworth) qualify then we will get one more. The way the salaries line up, my guess is that it would be a 5th or 6th for Chester. I think he was the next highest paid average salary, and I'm pretty sure he got a lot more than we gave to Leach or Pollard.

That's correct, they're only going to get one.

Neither Gaither or Stallworth will qualify qualify because they only signed minimum deals, weren't starters and were released by the team that signed them (the Skins re-signed Stallworth after releasing him).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    An extra 5th and 6th could equal a 4th round pick at some point.
    I am sure you know that comp picks cannot be traded... Bc

2012 compensatory draft pick predictions

Based on the work of AdamJT13 who was quite accurate in predicting compensatory draft picks.

Summary: A 4th rounder.
    Last edited by Dont Know; 01-12-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typo in the link formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    2012 compensatory draft pick predictions

Based on the work of AdamJT13 who was quite accurate in predicting compensatory draft picks.

Summary: A 4th rounder.
    Great link, thank you!