Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sundays uni's?

sundays uni's?

anyone heard what uni's we're wearing? sorry if i missed this topic already...

Teams can only wear their standard home and aways in the playoffs.

Purple tops, white pants.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369028,-76.761169
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Re: sundays uni's?

I'm not positive, but i think they can choose to wear whichever pants they want- only the jersey needs to be standard. I think they "could" come out looking like the 1996 Ravens again with the purple jerseys and black pants.

Just checked it is purple jersey. We have Dierdorf and Gumble announcer's. Did not list refree's yet.

Thank heavens I'll be at the game and not having to sit at home listening to Dierdorf openly cheer for the Texans.

I'd like to see the Ravens go to Black tops, white pants for the standard unis.

It's really stupid that the teams have to wear their standard uniform. Anyone know why this rule is in place?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    Just checked it is purple jersey. We have Dierdorf and Gumble announcer's. Did not list refree's yet.

Great. Why him. I bet if you close your eyes while watching you'll think you're watching a steeler game. Since his team is out, he should be too. Gumble is is good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    Referee will be Pete Morelli. Can't find much on him, but I don't think he's got a particularly flag-happy crew.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTime37 View Post
    It's really stupid that the teams have to wear their standard uniform. Anyone know why this rule is in place?
    For maintaining brand imaging. Playoff games are often the only games that the super casual/ not yet a fan type consumer sees.

Because of this, the NFL wants teams to be wearing their standard uniform to present a classic, uniform brand image.

Think of all those college bowls where the teams wear some outrageous, never before seen uni for that game. Unless you're intently watching, you can instantly identify the teams just by glancing at the screen. Now think of an nfl broadcast, even very casual fans can tell who's playing instantly because they're wearing unis they recognize.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369221,-76.761220
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Looks like I'll be watching with the volume off .......again. That sucks cuz I know the crowd noise will be amazing. Hmm, I wonder if the crowd can drown out Dierdork.

Could just use the live feed from the Ravens site. Being on the west coast, I don't get many games on TV out here. It does seem a bit delayed though. I'd have that and the NFL Game Center running and would see the outcomes of the plays before I'd hear them. Very enjoyable though on the big plays cause you see something big is coming and you can be prepared for it.