Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite moments on offense from the Harbaugh/Cameron era:

Since we bitch about the offense so much, I thought it would be nice to post some moments we've particularly enjoyed on offense, from the last 4 seasons. I expect this list to grow over the next couple weekends, but now is a good time to think some positive thoughts.

• 4th quarter of game 1 2008, vs Bengals.
    First game of the Harbaugh Era. Ravens get the ball back with 7:15 left in the 4th quarter nursing a 1-TD lead – and the game was over. They chewed up the clock until Cincy was out of timeouts, then knelt on it twice to end the game. The play-calling in the 4th Q was 3 passes, 17 rushes. On the day the Ravens ran 46 times for a 5.0 average. The offense just beat up the Bengals, ran it down their throats. Beautiful way to start an era.

• 4th quarter of Redskins game that season, 2008 game 13.
    Same situation really. Nursing a 17-10 lead, 11:22 to play, Ravens get the ball and come to the line in a jumbo formation. And they proceed to beat the shit out of the Redskins for the next 11 plays. Run, run, run. McClain carried on 10 of those plays. Even though they were all runs, Cameron was very creative with his play-calling: some unbalanced line, some motion, some counters. And the end-around to Clayton! This time the end-around picked up good yardage. On the 12th play, 3rd-&-5, the Ravens delivered the kill shot: play action bomb to Mason for the TD. No one was within 10 yards of him. One of the most fun drives I've ever watched.

• 4th quarter of Cowboys game, same season, 2008 game 15.
    Thank you for inviting us to close down your old stadium, Jerry. It was a pleasure. LeRon McClain and Willis McGahee go to the house on back-to-back possessions. Awesome.

• 2009 at Minnesota, game 6 2nd half.
    I know we lost, but Flacco completed 65% of his passes and threw for 385 yards, leading a furious 2nd-half rally. Ravens scored 31 points in the 2nd half, and nearly pulled it out. Great performance by the offense.

• 2009 Wildcard game at Patriots, 1st quarter.
    Ray Rice for 83 yards, followed up by McClain from 1 yard out and Rice from 1 yard out. 21-0 in the first. Game over.

• 2010 game 4 at Pittsburgh.
    Flacco throws the winning TD to TJ Housh with 32 secs left. What I love about that final drive is how the winning play was set up by the prior play. Housh catches the out, and they go right back to him and he runs the out-and-up to burn the defense. Total team effort on the final play: Heap comes across the formation to block the blitzing Polumalu, or the pass doesn't even get thrown.

• 2011 game 7 vs Arizona
    24 points in the second half for the win. Anquan Boldin takes the team on his back, with 7 catches for 145 yards. Wouldn't make me sad to see another performance like that from him this postseason.

• 2011 game 8 at Pittsburgh.
    Obviously the game-winning drive in the 2-minute drill, with Torrey Smith's redemption, was the story of the game. Also, how often does Ray Rice open up a statement game with a huge run? (Even though this one was called back.) Seems to happen a lot.

What else have you guys got? Seems to me I missed a couple.
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 01-12-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: typos

Re: Favorite moments on offense from the Harbaugh/Cameron era:

2008 Week 1 vs Cincy

Joe Flacco breaks a naked boot leg 38 yards for a TD.

2008 Week 8 vs Raiders

Joe catching a 43 yard pass from Troy Smith.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

For me the #1 was probably Dallas in 2008 with McClain and McGahee going back to back.

Week #1 this year with Rice and Q setting the tone was pretty sweet too, as well as Joe and Torrey finishing the inbreds off at the end up at their place on SNF. We had houseguests with a one year old, so I sprinted out of my house into my driveway and let out a primeval scream that the players might've heard all the way up in Inbredville.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

4. Re: Favorite moments on offense from the Harbaugh/Cameron era:

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    2009 at Minnesota, game 6 2nd half.I know we lost, but Flacco completed 65% of his passes and threw for 385 yards, leading a furious 2nd-half rally. Ravens scored 31 points in the 2nd half, and nearly pulled it out. Great performance by the offense.
    What a ridiculously good game which memory is forever tainted by Steven Hauschka (and Frank Walker, but whereas Walker is associated with two full seasons of woe, this is the game we think of when we bring up Hauschka). And probably the most impressive offensive performance in the Flacco/Harbs era. But why on earth didn't we get any closer than making our shaky kicker attempt it from a hash mark from 44 yards? And how the eff did Tavares Gooden come out from nowhere halfway across the field to push out Adrian Peterson... Anyway, probably the national breakout game to the rest of the NFL to be very, very afraid of this Ray Rice fellow.

I liked the Cleveland game last year where Q Boldin pwned the Cleveland DB's and safety all day.. Was a thing of beauty.

Hands down, Dallas game in 2008. In their big party to shut down the stadium with all the ghosts and legends of Texas stadium watching, with their playoff ticket on the line, with their defense that they wanted to act like was in the same class as ours....they couldnt stop us from dropping ~160 rushing yards on them in the fourth quarter alone.

Close second - 4th quarter 2 minute drill in Pittsburgh this year. With the division likely on the line, one of the top defenses in the league couldnt protect their own field from a mid-ranked offense that needed to go 90+ yards in two minutes.

Underrated because we ended up losing but Ray Rice played a hell of a game at Heinz Field in 09.

Flacco and Q going absolutely bananas on the Arizona D to comeback from a massive 3 TD hole.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369000,-76.761094
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

83 yd touchdown in NE for the playoff win.

A lot of great moments have already been posted but here are some of my favorite moments:

Ray Rice's passing TD to Ed Dickson vs Seattle

Joe Flacco running over DJ Williams last year vs the Broncos. Also Dickson carrying Dawkins for a good 10 yards in that game after catching a bomb.

Similar to the Dickson play last year, I love the Pitta catch and YAC vs. the Bengals this year.

I loved the flea flicker screen to Todd Heap last year vs the Bengals:

Who can forget the Willis McGahee punch of doom vs. the Raiders last year?

Derrick Mason getting sandwiched between two Lions' defenders, they fall down, he keeps running for the TD. You can see that here

I love the comeback vs the Falcons and Flacco threw the fade to Boldin and it actually worked.

Blog Entries

I don't know why but the Buffalo game last year comes to mind. Wild!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Was just going to add the McGahee stiffarm against the Raiders. Most of my other top moments were already covered.

Here's hoping the best moments are yet to come!