Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 97 to 108 of 170
  1. #97

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)



    Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    Because you're suffering from chicken little syndrome?
    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    He has had that syndrome more then once this year along with others.
    I'm a she. And "chicken little syndrome" is worrying your team is getting distracted/cocky...?




  2. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am floored that an obviously sarcastic quip about the media has caused this much discussion.
    I am surprised you're surprised. There are two regular not so much Flacco haters, just guys that seem to think he can almost... do no right.

    Everyone else just can't help themselves (guilty) of trying to set them straight
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #99

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    If every QB in the league threw like Rogers then the scores would look more like Basketball scores than football.

    There are several degrees of Qb rating. Not everyone can be "elite".

    Funny thing i noticed is the top 10 QBs with the most passing yards. Out of the top 10 only 2 are on teams with a top 10 running back. Atlanta and San Diego are the only 2 with top 10 QB yards and top 10 RB yards.

    I like Joe. I am happy with Joe. I am glad Joe is a Raven.

    If someone else better was available i would take them though. I don't want someone else "just as good as" or even marginally better. They would have to be 30-50% better for me to turn my back on the most successful QB we have ever had.




  4. #100

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I am surprised you're surprised. There are two regular not so much Flacco haters, just guys that seem to think he can almost... do no right.

    Everyone else just can't help themselves (guilty) of trying to set them straight
    After failing miserably to set anyone straight about the upside of whining about respect under the cover of pseudo-sarcastic comments and strawman comparisons with the best QBs in the league, one might step back and re-evaluate their stance on the issue.

    Do I care about Flacco's image? Nope. I care about what he does on the field. Does someone arguing that Flacco's fixation on media criticism (of both himself and the Ravens) is wasted energy indicate that the person thinks Flacco can almost 'do no right?' To the Kool-Aid Brigade it does.

    There is a difference between someone saying 'who cares if he makes defensive comments to the media about a self-perceived lack of respect' and someone saying 'he didn't make a defensive comment to the media about a self-perceived lack of respect.' Both arguments are being made and unfortunately conflated.




  5. #101

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I'm a she. And "chicken little syndrome" is worrying your team is getting distracted/cocky...?
    The Ravens are not cocky, the fans being cocky is not a reflection of the Ravens
    players. This Ravens team is very focused, I don't think Joe should worry about what
    the media thinks but that doesn't mean he's distracted. The 2006 team was cocky,
    when Bart Scott verbally went after Joseph Addai days before the playoff game
    against the Colts I had a bad feeling. I don't have a bad feeling this time around
    because this team knows this may be their last chance to make a SuperBowl run
    and they feel a strong sense of urgency to get things done this year. Please I'm
    begging you don't worry about the fans being cocky, the players aren't cocky and
    if you believe that then you need more help than I can provide.




  6. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    After failing miserably to set anyone straight about the upside of whining about respect under the cover of pseudo-sarcastic comments and strawman comparisons with the best QBs in the league, one might step back and re-evaluate their stance on the issue.
    No one said I was talking about you.. but we both know i was

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Do I care about Flacco's image? Nope. I care about what he does on the field. Does someone arguing that Flacco's fixation on media criticism (of both himself and the Ravens) is wasted energy indicate that the person thinks Flacco can almost 'do no right?' To the Kool-Aid Brigade it does.
    You have spent a lot of time on a thread talking about how Flacco comes off in this or talking about how it does him no good, to then say you don't care about his image. Secondarily, when people just try to show you that because Flacco had 8 more passing attempts than Rodgers, not taking into account total plays for the year, specific games where Flacco threw 50 times, you do look like a "hater" ( I hate that term, but I can't think of something else that applies) when you say they're part "Kool-Aid Brigade"


    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    There is a difference between someone saying 'who cares if he makes defensive comments to the media about a self-perceived lack of respect' and someone saying 'he didn't make a defensive comment to the media about a self-perceived lack of respect.' Both arguments are being made and unfortunately conflated.
    The thing is though... Flacco just didn't come out and say this, he responded to a question and then sarcastically took a swipe at the media and their need for a combination of Joe Montana and The Terminator
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  7. #103

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I am surprised you're surprised. There are two regular not so much Flacco haters, just guys that seem to think he can almost... do no right.

    Everyone else just can't help themselves (guilty) of trying to set them straight
    That's where you're wrong, i do hate Flacco, isn't it obvious?

    I'm actually a steeler fan.. shhhhh dont tell anyone.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  8. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    That's where you're wrong, i do hate Flacco, isn't it obvious?

    I'm actually a steeler fan.. shhhhh dont tell anyone.
    Good for you
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  9. #105

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Good for you
    You're not gonna try to set me straight?

    Shame on you.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  10. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,180
    And now it's devolved into the obnoxious true fan debate. Huzzah.


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369153,-76.761217
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  11. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    You're not gonna try to set me straight?

    Shame on you. I could have used some setting straight.
    No, I am not cause you're not interested in a discussion and providing counterpoints like Haloti92.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  12. #108

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    No, I am not cause you're not interested in a discussion and providing counterpoints like Haloti92.


    Was really looking forward to you telling me how i'm a shitty fan, and my dislike for Flacco. Oh well maybe on the next thread.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland