Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 170
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)



    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I love how people say 'he was joking,' like he really doesn't feel that way at all. Maybe they need a reality detector. He said it as a joke, but he also believes it; he was half-joking.

    Regardless, he gains nothing from saying stuff like that, and if anything, it will make his media critics revel even more if he plays poorly.

    So are we now mind-readers or did he tell you that?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  2. #32

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Are you trying to imply that GB runs a run oriented offense like the Ravens do? Their leading rusher ran for 700 yds. Them having 8 more passing attempts doesn't even begin to tell the whole story of the offense.
    I am trying to say that Joe threw the ball 8 less times than GB. In fact I did say it. They didn't throw the ball more. And the idea that not having a running game helps your passing game is also nonsense.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Are you trying to imply that GB runs a run oriented offense like the Ravens do? Their leading rusher ran for 700 yds. Them having 8 more passing attempts doesn't even begin to tell the whole story of the offense.
    Stats are used to tell what ever story the person using them wants. That stat is for the whole season, it doesn't include basically 3 games in a row where Joe threw like 50 times each game...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  4. #34

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    GB had 8 more pass attempts than us this year. Another example of opening mouth and inserting foot by Joe. He implies his stats would be as good as those QBs if only this that or the other. Or essentially he implies he is as good as those QBs if only he were given the chance. It is stupid to say stuff like that even if one believes it.
    Posts like this want to make me bang my head repeatedly against the wall.

    I am just going to stop now to save my blood pressure from going through the roof.




  5. #35

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So are we now mind-readers or did he tell you that?
    Why would he need to tell me that. It is obvious. Look around, everyone says it is obvious. The media gives Joe less credit than he deserves. 9/10 people here are saying it. Do you agree or disagree? Does Joe believe this or not?




  6. #36

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Posts like this want to make me bang my head repeatedly against the wall.

    I am just going to stop now to save my blood pressure from going through the roof.
    Posts like this make me laugh out loud.




  7. #37

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I am trying to say that Joe threw the ball 8 less times than GB. In fact I did say it. They didn't throw the ball more. And the idea that not having a running game helps your passing game is also nonsense.
    Still is pretty obvious were theyput emphasis at when it comes to the offense, which is passing, which is opposite of what the Ravens do.




  8. #38

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    He did last year, over 90 between both games, and nobody seems to care that was a major improvement. They lump all other numbers in and don't recognize that last year he showed improvement.
    Last year he threw for 125 yards against the steelers in their playoff game. The previous year he threw for only 34 yards against the Patriots in the Wildcard game. Despite the improvement, those kind of numbers aren't going to get you too much respect.




  9. #39

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Still is pretty obvious were theyput emphasis at when it comes to the offense, which is passing, which is opposite of what the Ravens do.
    Should we also mention that Green Bay ran the most efficient passing game in the history of the NFL as well?

    Or do we just want to throw out random numbers with no meaning?




  10. #40

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Still is pretty obvious were theyput emphasis at when it comes to the offense, which is passing, which is opposite of what the Ravens do.
    And....?




  11. #41

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Should we also mention that Green Bay ran the most efficient passing game in the history of the NFL as well?

    Or do we just want to throw out random numbers with no meaning?
    Should we also mention who first mentioned GB to get this ball rolling. I know it wasn't me.

    The fact remains, Flacco shouldn't even hint/imply/mention himself in the same sentence as Rodgers or Brees or Brady. Doing so makes him look defensive at best, stupid at worst.




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Why would he need to tell me that. It is obvious. Look around, everyone says it is obvious. The media gives Joe less credit than he deserves. 9/10 people here are saying it. Do you agree or disagree? Does Joe believe this or not?
    Do I believe Joe gets unfair treatment and too much or not enough credit? Yes, I think it was you and I that went through that on the "why is joe always our scapegoat" thread.

    I have no idea if it bothers Joe. I definitely think it's talked about in the locker room, as evidence of Sizzle after the Steelers game "what ya'll gonna say about him now".

    At this point I think it's so ridiculous that it doesn't bother him, maybe the inaccuracy of it might annoy him, which it would you or I if we were in his shoes. But I don't feel he needs thicker skin because he cries in his pillow at night about how the media disrespects him (<----Slight joke)
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  13. #43

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Do I believe Joe gets unfair treatment and too much or not enough credit? Yes, I think it was you and I that went through that on the "why is joe always our scapegoat" thread.

    I have no idea if it bothers Joe. I definitely think it's talked about in the locker room, as evidence of Sizzle after the Steelers game "what ya'll gonna say about him now".

    At this point I think it's so ridiculous that it doesn't bother him, maybe the inaccuracy of it might annoy him, which it would you or I if we were in his shoes. But I don't feel he needs thicker skin because he cries in his pillow at night about how the media disrespects him (<----Slight joke)
    I gotcha. You think he believes it but it doesn't bother him. Fair enough. I am not a mind reader but I sense it does bother him a bit (maybe I am wrong), but I don't think he is crying into a pillow. I also don't see why it needs to be mentioned, I just don't see how it helps, even if it may not hurt. I would prefer he go out there and shut them up, and after he does, have others (Sizzle, the few smart guys in the media, Harbaugh, etc) call out the anti-Flacco media.




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I gotcha. You think he believes it but it doesn't bother him. Fair enough. I am not a mind reader but I sense it does bother him a bit (maybe I am wrong), but I don't think he is crying into a pillow. I also don't see why it needs to be mentioned, I just don't see how it helps, even if it may not hurt. I would prefer he go out there and shut them up, and after he does, have others (Sizzle, the few smart guys in the media, Harbaugh, etc) call out the anti-Flacco media.
    I am not disagreeing just to disagree. I actually like that he said it. Maybe it's cause I hate the media, but I like when anyone gives them shit for being asshats.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  15. #45

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    And....?
    Lol It proves Joe's point, that if the Ravens put the same type of emphasis on running the ball that the Packers did, they'd be criticized to no end.......which is true.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland