Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 170
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a Purple Haze
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)



    Geez Louise... folks get pissed cause Joe doesnt show enough personality then when he takes a sarcastic swipe at the media they get pissed...

    Damned if you do.. damned if you dont.. no win situation..
    GO OUT THERE AND WIN THE SUPERBOWL JOE!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

    NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!




  2. #17

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    “You guys want everybody to be Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. But you guys realize, those guys don’t run the ball? If we tried to do that, the criticism we’d take around here would be ridiculous. We could win eight games like that and lose one, and you guys would be like, ‘Oh man, what are you guys doing?’”

    No truer words have ever been spoken.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Good for Joe. I like that he has a chip on his shoulder. He's got a point. If Rodgers and Brady had a Ray Rice, they wouldn't be throwing it 40-50 times per game. This offense is at it's best when it's balanced. Joe can still improve and do things better, but I think a lot of fans and some media don't give him a fair shake. I also agree with those who've said he's put himself in the crosshairs. If he stinks it up on Sunday, he'll get blasted, and rightfully so. Let's all hope he goes out and backs up his talk.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Geez Louise... folks get pissed cause Joe doesnt show enough personality then when he takes a sarcastic swipe at the media they get pissed...

    Damned if you do.. damned if you dont.. no win situation..
    GO OUT THERE AND WIN THE SUPERBOWL JOE!
    Also true. I always laugh at the ppl who cry about him having no personality. What a crock.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    I love how people say Joe needs thicker skin. Maybe they also need a sarcasm detector. He was F-ing joking people.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,923
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Have a big day throwing the ball and the media will turn around in a hurry
    No it won't, haha. That's what is so comical about it.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #22

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I love how people say Joe needs thicker skin. Maybe they also need a sarcasm detector. He was F-ing joking people.
    I love how people say 'he was joking,' like he really doesn't feel that way at all. Maybe they need a reality detector. He said it as a joke, but he also believes it; he was half-joking.

    Regardless, he gains nothing from saying stuff like that, and if anything, it will make his media critics revel even more if he plays poorly.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    We are setting ourselves up for a major implosion against Houston. Joe wanting more credit, we the fans thinking it's going to be an easy win, the fact we're 8-0 at home and beat them already and their QB's a rookie on the road, blah blah... why do I get a horrible sinking feeling?




  9. #24

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    He did last year, over 90 between both games, and nobody seems to care that was a major improvement. They lump all other numbers in and don't recognize that last year he showed improvement.
    His rating for the Divisional game was 61.1

    Combining the KC game (his only 'good' game) with that game leads to that average, but I am not sure we can pronounce clear improvement based on the combination.

    That said, this postseason will tell us a lot. As I said before on other threads, if he plays well for two or three games (even if we lose the second game or in the SB), these critics will be forced to change their narrative.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksburg, MD
    Posts
    3,244

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    We are setting ourselves up for a major implosion against Houston. Joe wanting more credit, we the fans thinking it's going to be an easy win, the fact we're 8-0 at home and beat them already and their QB's a rookie on the road, blah blah... why do I get a horrible sinking feeling?
    Because you're suffering from chicken little syndrome?




  11. #26

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    We are setting ourselves up for a major implosion against Houston. Joe wanting more credit, we the fans thinking it's going to be an easy win, the fact we're 8-0 at home and beat them already and their QB's a rookie on the road, blah blah... why do I get a horrible sinking feeling?
    It's just gas




  12. #27

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    “You guys want everybody to be Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. But you guys realize, those guys don’t run the ball? If we tried to do that, the criticism we’d take around here would be ridiculous. We could win eight games like that and lose one, and you guys would be like, ‘Oh man, what are you guys doing?’”

    No truer words have ever been spoken.
    GB had 8 more pass attempts than us this year. Another example of opening mouth and inserting foot by Joe. He implies his stats would be as good as those QBs if only this that or the other. Or essentially he implies he is as good as those QBs if only he were given the chance. It is stupid to say stuff like that even if one believes it.




  13. #28

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    Because you're suffering from chicken little syndrome?
    He has had that syndrome more then once this year along with others.




  14. #29

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    GB had 8 more pass attempts than us this year. Another example of opening mouth and inserting foot by Joe. He implies his stats would be as good as those QBs if only this that or the other. Or essentially he implies he is as good as those QBs if only he were given the chance. It is stupid to say stuff like that even if one believes it.
    Are you trying to imply that GB runs a run oriented offense like the Ravens do? Their leading rusher ran for 700 yds. Them having 8 more passing attempts doesn't even begin to tell the whole story of the offense.




  15. #30

    Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    We are setting ourselves up for a major implosion against Houston. Joe wanting more credit, we the fans thinking it's going to be an easy win, the fact we're 8-0 at home and beat them already and their QB's a rookie on the road, blah blah... why do I get a horrible sinking feeling?
    I suggest you shake off this bad feeling you have and get excited. The media thinks
    Houston has a good chance of winning this game because of how shaky Joe can be,
    the Ravens players and coaches know that it will be a tough hard fought game so it
    doesn't matter how the fans feel about the game. I know you have a history
    of being a pessimist from time to time but now is not the time, I won't stand for it LOL.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland