Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

I guess it could definitely be insulting, but say what you want about Trent Dilfer...dude still has a SB ring.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Have a big day throwing the ball and the media will turn around in a hurry
    I don't know. He had a great game vs. the Steelers week 1 and you barely heard anything about how he carved their D up. It was all about Ray Rice and the defense.

Some of those comments over there at the PFT article are pretty harsh. When a Broncos fan is criticizing Joe Flacco's completion percentage?!?!?! I have a problem with that guy, but he does come back later to give Joe some credit for being clutch at times.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Joe was just featured on ESPN's Cold Hard Facts segment.

So much for the "he doesnt get any coverage on ESPN" theory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

He kind of forced that coverage making fun of the media and his critics.

I remember the media was on a covert "Ray Lewis is a violent thug who may be a murderer kick" after the Atlanta Incident. You know what Ray did to reverse that stigma and perception? He shut his mouth and continued to work with a passion and intensity that only he can.

Today he is a media darling with numerous national endorsements, all who marvel at his ability to work hard, show passion and lead his defense on gameday.

I think some posters (myself included) would like to see Joe just stick to doing his talking against the media's perception of him on the field. After all, Numbers Never Lie... (Shameless ESPN plug, I know.)

He doesn't need to complain about what the media thinks because they don't play the game, therefore, they are IRRELEVANT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    To me it sounds like he is claiming that Baltimore fans would be unhappy with GB's offensive production. On the contrary, we would be unstoppable if that were the case.
    To me your interpretation is out of left field. Probably colored by your Joe hatred.

No one would reasonably derive that meaning from his words, unless you were trying to spin his words to make him look bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Well he is only 1/8 QBs left playing. That means no Roethlisberger talk, no Matt Ryan talk, no Andy Dalton talk, no Matt Stafford talk.

He is getting segments because most other teams QBs are done for the year.

Meanwhile I read on Deadspin a recent ESPN Sportscenter episode said the word "Tebow" 160 times.

From Skip Bayless' twitter page:

RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
    "Flacco/Ray Rice reminds me of Westbrook/Durant. Ball should be in Rice's (Durant's) hands. But QBs Flacco/Westbrook want to be STARS."
    about 3 hours ago

So Joe Flacco is like Russell Westbrook now? That's funny I don't recall Joe getting benched and pouting during an important playoff game like Westbrook did during Game 2 of last year's Western Conference Finals against the Dallas Mavericks. Nice try Bayless.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post

"Flacco/Ray Rice reminds me of Westbrook/Durant. Ball should be in Rice's (Durant's) hands. But QBs Flacco/Westbrook want to be STARS."
    about 3 hours ago

So Joe Flacco is like Russell Westbrook now? That's funny I don't recall Joe getting benched and pouting during an important playoff game like Westbrook did during Game 2 of last year's Western Conference Finals against the Dallas Mavericks. Nice try Bayless.
    What kills me is that Joe Flacco is a better QB than Tebow, yet Skip Brainless won't give him a shred of credit, while he can't seem to remove Timmuh's tool from his mouth long enough to catch his breath...:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    To me your interpretation is out of left field. Probably colored by your Joe hatred.

No one would reasonably derive that meaning from his words, unless you were trying to spin his words to make him look bad.
    To me your post makes no sense. Probably due to your massive Joe mancrush.

Joe said we would complain if we threw it as often as those teams. Of course this is nonsense. We wouldn't complain at all if we threw it as often as those teams, as long as we threw it AS WELL as those teams.

Feel free to make an actual argument/interpretation this time.
    Last edited by Haloti92; 01-13-2012 at 08:08 PM.

12. Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post

about 3 hours ago

Skip is the worst.... If you can make Stephen A Smith look sane, something is wrong.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb