Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

I just can't see this staff doing that, unless it's a standard NFL procedure. John Harbaugh is not a guy that would belittle you. He's not a player's coach, but he's also not vindictive. You think he gave CMac a letter? And you really could argue CMac deserved one more than McGahee.

McGahee was never released before. I'm betting when you get released, it's like when you get fired from a job. You have to give a plausible reason why. On that front though, why not just say "Could not afford salary"? I can see "Salary does not match with performance" irking McGahee enough that he would report it as "Unable to perform duties to abilities of other running backs".
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Whatever. It sounds like a procedural thing. They terminated him and they listed a cause. I don't expect anyone who just got fired to be happy about it.

Would Willis have been happier if they just put your overpaid as the cause? Probably not because of course he thought he was worth that money.

Doesn't seem like anything classless. Just seems like a lazy player trying to find something to motivate himself.

This irks me. This is a business. Real world people don't get coddled when they get fired. They get told the truth.

It should of said." Sorry not paying you millions to run the ball 5 time a game" We can use that money on Evans. Ooooops

LOL it is so funny that anyone thinks this is anything more than procedure.

Yeah Harbaugh is going to go out of his way to write a letter to make a guy who isn't coming back look bad.

Are you fucking serious? Get a clue.

Blog Entries

Man, I hope that's not true, because it's utterly classless--& no one knows how classless better than one N. I. Lobachevsky:
    Once upon a lonnnng time ago, I was in a PhD program at a major university, with a graduate assistantship paying tuition & (barely) enough to live on.

Mid-year, the program lost an argument with a major supporting organization & had funding for 5 assistantships pulled, effective the next academic year.

I wasn't flunking out, but I wasn't doing all that well either, so when my research advisor called me in to give me the bad news I was kind of expecting it.

What I did not expect was the reason he gave me: It is the opinion of the department that you are not intelligent enough to earn a PhD in this field.
    That little bastard (he stood all of 5'2" in platform heels) may be the only person in history whose life was saved by central air conditioning--because if I could've opened the window behind him I might just have pitched his deceiving arse out & watched him make an inelastic collision with the parking lot 6 floors down.

Not a memory I wanted to revisit, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Whatever. It sounds like a procedural thing. They terminated him and they listed a cause. I don't expect anyone who just got fired to be happy about it.

Would Willis have been happier if they just put your overpaid as the cause? Probably not because of course he thought he was worth that money.

Doesn't seem like anything classless. Just seems like a lazy player trying to find something to motivate himself.

This irks me. This is a business. Real world people don't get coddled when they get fired. They get told the truth.
    I definitely agree about the motivation thing, it looked like he was about to cry! Guess he's not used to being deemed less talented than other players often.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    It should of said." Sorry not paying you millions to run the ball 5 time a game" We can use that money on Evans. Ooooops
    OR Ricky Williams, OR Bryant McKinnie, OR Bernard pollard. mrfactoid, If you limit your posts to negative Ravens signings, you will be exposed... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Man, I hope that's not true, because it's utterly classless--& no one knows how classless better than one N. I. Lobachevsky:
    That little bastard (he stood all of 5'2" in platform heels) may be the only person in history whose life was saved by central air conditioning--because if I could've opened the window behind him I might just have pitched his deceiving arse out & watched him make an inelastic collision with the parking lot 6 floors down.

Not a memory I wanted to revisit, but...
    I always thought you were an idiot, now I know I'm not alone

haha
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Everyone knew McGahee was getting cut first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Everyone knew McGahee was getting cut first.
    Even he knew it was coming. Why else would his agent release at statement before the CBA was even settled that said if the Ravens cut McGahee he won't go back there.

This interview is part of the reason why McGahee isn't here. I'm happy for him that he was able to break 1K yards this year and be the workhorse for his team. Lets not forget that he was constantly being quoted about how many carries was/wasn't getting. I even defended Willis at the time, but contrasting that type of behavior to Rice shows how wrong I was. Glad he took his sour grapes to the Rockies.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    This interview is part of the reason why McGahee isn't here. I'm happy for him that he was able to break 1K yards this year and be the workhorse for his team. Lets not forget that he was constantly being quoted about how many carries was/wasn't getting. I even defended Willis at the time, but contrasting that type of behavior to Rice shows how wrong I was. Glad he took his sour grapes to the Rockies.
    Everything I remember was Rice and McClain saying how great a teammate he was, and reports that said he didnt care how many carries he got as long as they win. I remember him saying he wanted more carries, but not negatively and honestly id expect any player to say as much. Im sure theres more to it than what McGahee is saying here, but if its true we sent him a letter saying hes not capable "to perform duties to the abilities of other runningbacks", well that just seems a bit classless and hostile to a guy thats been good to the organization and knowingly on his way out, IMO. Not something id expect from our front office. youre not telling me if McGahee accepted the same deal williams did that he wouldnt be here instead, which would leave me to believe it was solely money for his departure and not his ability.
    -JAB