Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

Mountain meet molehill.

I would like to see the letter rather than simply have Willis's characterization of the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Mountain meet molehill.
    I believe you have a point Captain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Honest John View Post
    I would like to see the letter rather than simply have Willis's characterization of the letter.
    "Dear Mr. McGahee,
    The Baltimore Ravens would like to retain your services, but your salary is too high. For less than half, we could sign a veteran RB like Ricky Williams. If you are willing to make 10% over the veteran minimum, we can hash out a deal. If not, then best of luck to you in another NFL city... respectfully, Baltimore Ravens management"
    ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    "Dear Mr. McGahee,
    The Baltimore Ravens would like to retain your services, but your salary is too high. For less than half, we could sign a veteran RB like Ricky Williams. If you are willing to make 10% over the veteran minimum, we can hash out a deal. If not, then best of luck to you in another NFL city... respectfully, Baltimore Ravens management"
    ... Bc
    Thanks Bc, I knew you'd come through. I believe you have summarized all of the actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Man, I hope that's not true, because it's utterly classless--& no one knows how classless better than one N. I. Lobachevsky:
    That little bastard (he stood all of 5'2" in platform heels) may be the only person in history whose life was saved by central air conditioning--because if I could've opened the window behind him I might just have pitched his deceiving arse out & watched him make an inelastic collision with the parking lot 6 floors down.

Not a memory I wanted to revisit, but...

so the heels guy was a Pigsburgh fan I guess?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)