Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee



    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...Willis-McGahee

    "Unable to perform duties to the abilities of other runningbacks"
    That sounds like my performance reviews
    at work, minus the RBs.





  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Bloody Southwest
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Willis was fumbling more than Ray, which is not performing(kind of like in Denver last sunday, and almost cost them the game.). I would have liked to seen him stay. He was a better third down back than ricky(not much though) IMO. He couldnt even take shot from Ryan Clark without re-booting......JK JK JK .




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,911
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    A lot of this is probably exaggeration.


    However, anyone with any sense knows that McGahee was cut because he was being paid starters' money and not starting. He's the one who didn't want to take a pay cut.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #34

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Even he knew it was coming. Why else would his agent release at statement before the CBA was even settled that said if the Ravens cut McGahee he won't go back there.
    Not to mention saying back in March that Willis would not be willing to accept a paycut to stay.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Well, first all, my internet connection's shit so I didn't watch the video, but I think the Ravens were wrong if they thought R Williams was an upgrade over Willis. Now, obviously, Williams was more cost effective so I think therein lies the reason for their decision, but based solely on ability, it's hard not to say we'd be better w Willis over Ricky.
    I agree. If the contract wasn't an issue, I'd rather have kept McGahee.

    What makes this sound odd is Newsome said McGahee was the hardest to cut of those he did cut. He didn't sound like he enjoyed doing it.




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Odenton, MD
    Posts
    62

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Don't get me wrong, I loved me some Willis prior to Ray Rice entering the scene. But he has and will always have issues handling the ball. It almost cost the Bronco's the game Sunday. For as dynamic a back as he is, he can't handle the rock.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,454
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Mountain meet molehill.




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    168

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    I would like to see the letter rather than simply have Willis's characterization of the letter.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    168

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Mountain meet molehill.
    I believe you have a point Captain.




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,179
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by Honest John View Post
    I would like to see the letter rather than simply have Willis's characterization of the letter.
    "Dear Mr. McGahee,
    The Baltimore Ravens would like to retain your services, but your salary is too high. For less than half, we could sign a veteran RB like Ricky Williams. If you are willing to make 10% over the veteran minimum, we can hash out a deal. If not, then best of luck to you in another NFL city... respectfully, Baltimore Ravens management"
    ... Bc




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    168

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    "Dear Mr. McGahee,
    The Baltimore Ravens would like to retain your services, but your salary is too high. For less than half, we could sign a veteran RB like Ricky Williams. If you are willing to make 10% over the veteran minimum, we can hash out a deal. If not, then best of luck to you in another NFL city... respectfully, Baltimore Ravens management"
    ... Bc
    Thanks Bc, I knew you'd come through. I believe you have summarized all of the actual facts.




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,979

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Man, I hope that's not true, because it's utterly classless--& no one knows how classless better than one N. I. Lobachevsky:
    That little bastard (he stood all of 5'2" in platform heels) may be the only person in history whose life was saved by central air conditioning--because if I could've opened the window behind him I might just have pitched his deceiving arse out & watched him make an inelastic collision with the parking lot 6 floors down.

    Not a memory I wanted to revisit, but...

    so the heels guy was a Pigsburgh fan I guess?
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland