Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee



    LOL it is so funny that anyone thinks this is anything more than procedure.

    Yeah Harbaugh is going to go out of his way to write a letter to make a guy who isn't coming back look bad.

    Are you fucking serious? Get a clue.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,681
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Man, I hope that's not true, because it's utterly classless--& no one knows how classless better than one N. I. Lobachevsky:
    Once upon a lonnnng time ago, I was in a PhD program at a major university, with a graduate assistantship paying tuition & (barely) enough to live on.

    Mid-year, the program lost an argument with a major supporting organization & had funding for 5 assistantships pulled, effective the next academic year.

    I wasn't flunking out, but I wasn't doing all that well either, so when my research advisor called me in to give me the bad news I was kind of expecting it.

    What I did not expect was the reason he gave me: It is the opinion of the department that you are not intelligent enough to earn a PhD in this field.
    That little bastard (he stood all of 5'2" in platform heels) may be the only person in history whose life was saved by central air conditioning--because if I could've opened the window behind him I might just have pitched his deceiving arse out & watched him make an inelastic collision with the parking lot 6 floors down.

    Not a memory I wanted to revisit, but...




  3. #18

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Whatever. It sounds like a procedural thing. They terminated him and they listed a cause. I don't expect anyone who just got fired to be happy about it.

    Would Willis have been happier if they just put your overpaid as the cause? Probably not because of course he thought he was worth that money.

    Doesn't seem like anything classless. Just seems like a lazy player trying to find something to motivate himself.

    This irks me. This is a business. Real world people don't get coddled when they get fired. They get told the truth.
    I definitely agree about the motivation thing, it looked like he was about to cry! Guess he's not used to being deemed less talented than other players often.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,179
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    It should of said." Sorry not paying you millions to run the ball 5 time a game" We can use that money on Evans. Ooooops
    OR Ricky Williams, OR Bryant McKinnie, OR Bernard pollard. mrfactoid, If you limit your posts to negative Ravens signings, you will be exposed... Bc




  5. #20

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Man, I hope that's not true, because it's utterly classless--& no one knows how classless better than one N. I. Lobachevsky:
    That little bastard (he stood all of 5'2" in platform heels) may be the only person in history whose life was saved by central air conditioning--because if I could've opened the window behind him I might just have pitched his deceiving arse out & watched him make an inelastic collision with the parking lot 6 floors down.

    Not a memory I wanted to revisit, but...
    I always thought you were an idiot, now I know I'm not alone

    haha
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,127
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Everyone knew McGahee was getting cut first.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Everyone knew McGahee was getting cut first.
    Even he knew it was coming. Why else would his agent release at statement before the CBA was even settled that said if the Ravens cut McGahee he won't go back there.




  8. #23

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    This interview is part of the reason why McGahee isn't here. I'm happy for him that he was able to break 1K yards this year and be the workhorse for his team. Lets not forget that he was constantly being quoted about how many carries was/wasn't getting. I even defended Willis at the time, but contrasting that type of behavior to Rice shows how wrong I was. Glad he took his sour grapes to the Rockies.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.




  9. #24

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    This interview is part of the reason why McGahee isn't here. I'm happy for him that he was able to break 1K yards this year and be the workhorse for his team. Lets not forget that he was constantly being quoted about how many carries was/wasn't getting. I even defended Willis at the time, but contrasting that type of behavior to Rice shows how wrong I was. Glad he took his sour grapes to the Rockies.
    Everything I remember was Rice and McClain saying how great a teammate he was, and reports that said he didnt care how many carries he got as long as they win. I remember him saying he wanted more carries, but not negatively and honestly id expect any player to say as much. Im sure theres more to it than what McGahee is saying here, but if its true we sent him a letter saying hes not capable "to perform duties to the abilities of other runningbacks", well that just seems a bit classless and hostile to a guy thats been good to the organization and knowingly on his way out, IMO. Not something id expect from our front office. youre not telling me if McGahee accepted the same deal williams did that he wouldnt be here instead, which would leave me to believe it was solely money for his departure and not his ability.
    -JAB




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,043
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    With the money the Ravens paid McGahee they earned the right to send him a nasty letter.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,573

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    With the money the Ravens paid McGahee they earned the right to send him a nasty letter.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    797

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    I've got to admit to not seeing many videos of McGahee being interviewed so can't compare this one to any previous- but his body language when he's telling of the 'letter' looks shifty- he grins, relinquishes eye contact with Irvin and giggles. Now I'm no body language expert but it looks a little suspicious and leads me to believe that if there was a letter, whatever was in it is being embellished more than a little.
    Last edited by Ravenblue; 01-11-2012 at 06:34 PM.




  13. #28

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Didn't see the video, but if Willis fumbles the ball in this next game with the Broncos winning and the pats score as a result of it, he may get another letter.




  14. #29

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    A release letter is a standard form, and the Ravens can't come right out and say they don't want to pay a backup a starter's salary. He didn't perform at the same level as Rice probably making five times as much. It wasn't a classless move at all. It was a release and a reason.




  15. #30

    Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Well, first all, my internet connection's shit so I didn't watch the video, but I think the Ravens were wrong if they thought R Williams was an upgrade over Willis. Now, obviously, Williams was more cost effective so I think therein lies the reason for their decision, but based solely on ability, it's hard not to say we'd be better w Willis over Ricky.
    Actually Ricky Williams has performed at exactly the same level at which McGahee performed while here and splitting carries with Rice.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland