Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Ryan Grigson is the new GM for Indy

Grigson was in the personnel department for the Eagles. He's local, went to Purdue and young. I always hate when teams look for local guys but since it's Indy that's fine by me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-be-next-g-m/

Colts owner Jim Irsay met with a large number of the best young personnel men in the NFL, and it looks like he’s chosen his favorite.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Colts plan to hire Eagles director of player personnel Ryan Grigson, 40, to be their next general manager. Grigson visited the Colts for a second interview Tuesday.

He reportedly has an agreement in principle in place, with lawyers finalizing the contract. Schefter says Grigson could be introduced as early as Wednesday.

Grigson spent nine seasons in Philadelphia including two as the director of player personnel. A product of Purdue University, Grigson was a sixth-round pick of the Bengals in 1995. His career was cut short by a neck injury suffered in the CFL in 1997.

Blog Entries

Re: Ryan Grigson is the new GM for Indy

He is going to have quite the task on his hands. If they keep Manning, he will have to keep many of those pieces around Manning. If they release Manning and draft Luck, they do have a young quarterback to build the team around. However, they are really going to have to hit on those draft picks. What they do have going for them is that they just drafted two tackles last year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore