Blog Entries

Mularky gets the Jaguars Job

Did they see what Mike Mularky did with the Bills as a head coach? He's a very good OC but no way would I want him to run a team. He was a complete Bambi staring down monster headlights in Buffalo. How many guys walk away from a job like he did?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...coach/related/

Six years after walking away from a head coaching job in Buffalo, Mike Mularkey will again run an NFL team.

Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union reports that the Jaguars are hiring Mularkey to be their next head coach. Mularkey has been the offensive coordinator in Atlanta since 2008.

Mularkey interviewed for the job on Tuesday and clearly had a strong performance. He gets the job on the same day that Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden pulled out of the running and only two days after Mularkey’s Falcons offense didn’t score a point against the Giants.

This may not be a popular move in Jacksonville. And Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com points out that it may be popular with many Falcons fans and some Falcons players.

We’re inclined to give owner Shahid Khan and G.M. Gene Smith the benefit of the doubt for now. Mularkey had one good season in Buffalo as a head coach and one not so good season. He didn’t seem ready for the job, but we always thought he might be someone that would be much better the second team around. (The same goes for former Bills coach Gregg Williams.)

Blog Entries

Re: Mularky gets the Jaguars Job

This was also to be expected by many Falcons fans. In their case, they did not have to get rid of Mularkey themselves, because he was hired to a head coaching position. I am not sure how the Falcons players felt about him, but the fans certainly gave him the vast majority of blame for Atlanta's offensive struggles this past weekend.

GOTA, I am with you in both cases. I have a feeling that this is a case of both the coordinator and the quarterback. When you see some of the throws that those two guys made under pressure, they were really questionable.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore