Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL on Fox

Blog Entries

NFL on Fox

Watching the NFL network replay of Packers vs. Giants any I've come to the conclusion I can't stand games on Fox.

Not sure if it's the announcers, how they drowned out crowd noise, the intro music they've had since 1992, that stupid robot they've had dancing since 1997.

I can't really put my finger on it but I hate the NFL on Fox. Does anyone else fined their games hard to watch?

Blog Entries

Re: NFL on Fox

The best word, to describe "The NFL on FOX", would undoubtedly be 'outdated'. However, for some festering reason, that word does not provide proper justice to the true image of that program.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Ha - I am watching it too.... muted

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I feel ya NC. They suck for all the reasons you stated and their NFL crew of screamers are un-watchable.

Yeah. I think for me, it's because I've grown up watching my team, and the other teams I care about, on CBS. I don't have a reason to watch fox very much....so when I do, it just feels wrong somehow. Like you said, I cant put my finger on it. Wonder if any NFC fans feel the same way about CBS.

That stupid robot doesn't help, though.

I think the 720p they use for their native resolution isn't quite as sharp as the 1080i CBS uses. Not sure if it's just the resolution or the equipment they use.

Blog Entries

I cannot stand that stupid expletive robot. I feel like I'm watching Saturday morning cartoons. Also, their studio crew is 10X worse than CBS's, and the CBS studio crew is pretty awful.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

The entire FOX production is terrible. mjones I think your right, because I noticed that the games never look as sharp as on CBS. The robot was cool when I was 14 years old and it was 1997. The whole thing is outdated and needs a serious revamp. They should take a cue from CBS, less is more. CBS is just more streamlined.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    The entire FOX production is terrible. mjones I think your right, because I noticed that the games never look as sharp as on CBS. The robot was cool when I was 14 years old and it was 1997. The whole thing is outdated and needs a serious revamp. They should take a cue from CBS, less is more. CBS is just more streamlined.

Also, I think their camera shots/angles etc are horrible. Way too many close ups of the QB at the line of scrimmage, especially under center. No others really show the whole field for a play, but at least until the play happens you get to see more pre-snap movement.

For me, I think (announcers aside) that NBC probably has the best production of the game from a camera standpoint.

CBS, as much as Nance is a douche, I think he and Sims maybe the best announcers, the also, of the stations that air games, have the best pre-game crew.

Blog Entries

NBC rocks. I love their coverage.

Fox is using outdated resolution.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    I cannot stand that stupid expletive robot. I feel like I'm watching Saturday morning cartoons. Also, their studio crew is 10X worse than CBS's, and the CBS studio crew is pretty awful.
    here ya go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baltimore-ra...item3cc08b9608

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The picture quality is not up to par with the other coverages, their statistics/score update line is tarty, their studio looks outdated and their crew gives the same feel. Joe Buck is supposed to be their best play-by-play announcer, but he rarely dissects the action in complete sentences. After a while, you get tired of hearing "Manning, Nicks, first down".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore