Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Coverage?

Re: No Coverage?

The truth is that NFL Network did at first give teams equally coverage (Some teams did have more news/drama like the Jets & Cowboys so naturally they had more stories). But they are struggling financially, so they are realizing that bigger market teams/bigger fanbase teams increases viewership. Business is always business and the NFL corporation isnt gonna stick to an equal coverage policy on the NFLN when its losing $$. Whether we like it or not... Tebow is a huge story and it creates viewership. What's so exciting about the Texans - Ravens game this weekend? Pittsburgh - Ravens game is a big story b/c Pittsburgh has a huge fanbase and in the past the players have popped off on one another. Even compare the Jets coverage to the Giants... both huge market teams. There is probably twice as much coverage for the Jets b/c of their drama. Come on, the Giants are a storied franchise... For the most part, the Jets haven't been relevant since Namath. Its just now the Jets have a blowbag coach with a bunch ME-ME players so its a bigger story.

ESPN has been a joke since the late 90s. Does anyone really go to ESPN for football coverage?? Come on, they decided to employ Meshown Johnson as an analyst
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 01-11-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    The truth is that NFL Network did at first give teams equally coverage (Some teams did have more news/drama like the Jets & Cowboys so naturally they had more stories). But they are struggling financially, so they are realizing that bigger market teams/bigger fanbase teams increases viewership. Business is always business and the NFL corporation isnt gonna stick to an equal coverage policy on the NFLN when its losing $$. Whether we like it or not... Tebow is a huge story and it creates viewership. What's so exciting about the Texans - Ravens game this weekend? Pittsburgh - Ravens game is a big story b/c Pittsburgh has a huge fanbase and in the past the players have popped off on one another. Even compare the Jets coverage to the Giants... both huge market teams. There is probably twice as much coverage for the Jets b/c of their drama. Come on, the Giants are a storied franchise... For the most part, the Jets haven't been relevant since Namath. Its just now the Jets have a blowbag coach with a bunch ME-ME players so its a bigger story.
    Thank you....many fans take too personally the business decisions made by the networks. Texans/Ravens is not as compelling as the other games. That's just the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Like I said you just wanna pick a fight. Grow up Lil man that sits behind his keyboard.

Your next post will look like this..

This message is hidden because RavensRule2 is on your ignore list.
    I can't deal with it so I'll just ignore you. Very mature.

Blog Entries

Question Re: No Coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule2 View Post
    Thank you....many fans take too personally the business decisions made by the networks. Texans/Ravens is not as compelling as the other games. That's just the facts.
    Texans/Ravens are just as important as the other three games...That's just the facts... or haven't you noticed? ... Bc

With great media attention comes bandwagon fans.... and we don't need/want that! Even when the Ravens make it to the Super Bowl, all the hype will be on the NFC team, and that's fine with me.

Blog Entries

It's the only game without an elite QB, or Tebow. It is to be expected.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Did everyone here not get enough attention as kids? Who the F cares if they talk/don't talk about this game? Don't we have enough local coverage? Honestly, Houston vs Baltimore is not as sexy as the other games. If you were an executive at these NATIONAL networks, which games would you talk about? Furthermore, the Texans/Ravens fanbase is probably not as prevalent as the other combos. It's a business decision. Don't take it personally.

If I thought more national attention would help the Ravens on Sunday, I'd care. Otherwise, who gives a crap.
    Actually - I'm a Ravens Fan who cares because I live outside the Ravens Media Area and would assume that the NFL Network would give some coverage to all of the NFL Teams which are among the Final Eight playing. I know there will be "headline stories" got no beef with that - but on a 24 hour network I would assume that there would be some mention.

I am not a huge baseball fan anymore but have a Baltimorean's interest in the Orioles. Everynight during the season if I am curious I can watch Baseball Tonight -an hour show, I think- and know who did what, the final score and any record or streak of interest - as well every other baseball fan of every other team in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    It's the only game without an elite QB, or Tebow. It is to be expected.
    Right because there are 16 games being played this weekend only so much time for each one.

9. Re: No Coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    They know we have the ability to dominate them and that we are coming.
    This just gave me chills!

Where have you guys been for the last 10 years? Every time we get some good pub we shit the bed. I would be happy if the SB was played at 9am on a tuesday. Sometimes less is more. I would be happy if they never mentioned a word about us till Ray Berry hands us the trophy, then talk away.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Where have you guys been for the last 10 years? Every time we get some good pub we shit the bed. I would be happy if the SB was played at 9am on a tuesday. Sometimes less is more. I would be happy if they never mentioned a word about us till Ray Berry hands us the trophy, then talk away.
    How sweet would it be to have Mr. Berry hand the trophy to one Mr. Bisciotti? Berries and biscuits for the Superbowl, please and thank you!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Actually - I'm a Ravens Fan who cares because I live outside the Ravens Media Area and would assume that the NFL Network would give some coverage to all of the NFL Teams which are among the Final Eight playing. I know there will be "headline stories" got no beef with that - but on a 24 hour network I would assume that there would be some mention.

I am not a huge baseball fan anymore but have a Baltimorean's interest in the Orioles. Everynight during the season if I am curious I can watch Baseball Tonight -an hour show, I think- and know who did what, the final score and any record or streak of interest - as well every other baseball fan of every other team in the country.
    Seriously, what do you get from national talking heads that you can't get on the web? It's mostly hyberbole and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Texans/Ravens are just as important as the other three games...That's just the facts... or haven't you noticed? ... Bc
    I'm sorry, did I say it wasn't as important as the other games? Besides, since when did the media prioritize a story by importance? Are you kidding me?

My point is that, in the minds of the national media, it's not as compelling as the other games. Judging by the fanbases and storylines, do you blame them?

Seriously, what do you get from national talking heads that you can't get on the web? It's mostly hyberbole and opinions.
    Game footage.

I'm sorry, did I say it wasn't as important as the other games? Besides, since when did the media prioritize a story by importance? Are you kidding me?

My point is that, in the minds of the national media, it's not as compelling as the other games. Judging by the fanbases and storylines, do you blame them?
    If you call yourself the NFL Network I would assume you cover the NFL - quantity or quality isn't the issue with me.