Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Coverage?

Blog Entries

Re: No Coverage?

Sirius XM NFL Radio has done a nice job talking about this game. The difference is they talk football and aren't concerned with one liners and putting entertainment into sports.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

I am not really worried about this. It has as much to do with the Texans as it does with the Ravens. They have a really good team but they lack the personality and controversy that reporters like to talk about during the week. Reporters can always talk about Ray Lewis or get a sound bite out of Suggs. There is no Texan that can provide a sound bite that will get ratings outside of Houston. There is no history between the Texans and the Ravens so there is no rivalry. The game we played was in week 6 and while it was close through 3 quarters, there was no controversy like the Packers-Giants.

The winner of this game will get hyped plenty. On Monday morning I want to see ESPN digging up the footage of Ray Rice scorching the Patriots a few years ago. Or the possibility of Harbaugh Bowl II. Doesn't matter. Win this game and they will start talking about the Ravens.

I love how all the times Screaming A Smith has come on 105.7 to bash Joe he never mentioned that he's a lifelong Steelers fan. Only this week on ESPN has he come clean. But he's just another objective reporter. LOL. I'm sure his Steeler fandom and hatred of Joe are just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMoon View Post
    I love how all the times Screaming A Smith has come on 105.7 to bash Joe he never mentioned that he's a lifelong Steelers fan. Only this week on ESPN has he come clean. But he's just another objective reporter. LOL. I'm sure his Steeler fandom and hatred of Joe are just a coincidence.
    No, he's not. And he is not paid to be.

He's on ESPN to give his opinion, not be a journalist.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No, he's not. And he is not paid to be.

He's on ESPN to give his opinion, not be a journalist.
    Yea, but you can give your opinion based on facts, evidence, and research.

The problem is these guys deal out obviously biased opinions left and right, but they almost always make no sense whatsoever and it seems like they let emotion get involved in it far too much.

Calling Flacco soft? Makes no sense. The guy has taken a beating over the last 3 seasons and played most of an entire season hurt. That's not soft. Hanging in the pocket in Pittsburgh, down in the final seconds of the game and throwing a TD pass to a rookie WR who had dropped the previous game winning TD pass is not soft.

Calling Flacco inconsistent? That makes sense, because this season he has been inconsistent.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Sirius XM NFL Radio has done a nice job talking about this game. The difference is they talk football and aren't concerned with one liners and putting entertainment into sports.
    What have they been saying about it?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

Yes, Stephen A. Smith did reveal, on Monday, that he has been a lifelong Steelers fan. Before the Steelers lost to the Broncos, to his credit, Smith admitted that, as much as he would like to see Brady do it, he thought that the AFC would come down to Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

As for him calling Joe Flacco soft, he hasn't really liked Flacco for a while and I think we now know the real reason. I mean, name one well known Steelers fan sports television personality, that likes Flacco and thinks that he is a good QB?

Meanwhile, Mayock thinks that he is top ten, Simms thinks that he is top ten. John Clayton really likes him.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Did everyone here not get enough attention as kids? Who the F cares if they talk/don't talk about this game? Don't we have enough local coverage? Honestly, Houston vs Baltimore is not as sexy as the other games. If you were an executive at these NATIONAL networks, which games would you talk about? Furthermore, the Texans/Ravens fanbase is probably not as prevalent as the other combos. It's a business decision. Don't take it personally.

If I thought more national attention would help the Ravens on Sunday, I'd care. Otherwise, who gives a crap.

Both Fan bases are tee'd that their home team has not one IOTA of info. Hell I guess there is only 3 games this weekend.

Piss POOR Journalism at its best. Here is to you ESPN AND NFL Network. ____________ MY ______________.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Both Fan bases are tee'd that their home team has not one IOTA of info. Hell I guess there is only 3 games this weekend.

Piss POOR Journalism at its best. Here is to you ESPN AND NFL Network. ____________ MY ______________.
    Really? What kind of "info" that these talking heads are providing that you're not getting from the local channels or from the Web?

Quote Originally Posted by mdcrab43 View Post
    There is a large contingent of fans here who have already put a W in the win column for the Ravens....please note that the game is still to be played............
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule2 View Post
    Really? What kind of "info" that these talking heads are providing that you're not getting from the local channels or from the Web?
    Oh sheet.. The fourm police.... It is the point. You know there are some Ravens fans that do not use a computer. You seem to just wanna pick a fight. If you don't like what someone says. STFU and dont comment.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ar-ring-to-it/

As a Texan fan this is an open letter of sorts to the Texans; the national media still disrespects you. That's what it is - disrespect. I would have the biggest chip on my shoulder that I would not be satisfied until I went to the SB. Texans please let this be a motivating factor; you all deserve better. As a fan, it makes me upset that they don't acknowledge you at all - I mean nothing. There are four games this weekend and not one mention of you against the Ravens. I hope you play your hearts out, force your will on the Ravens and come out victorious. Then if they still don't show respect I say fans boycott ESPN and the NFL Network. Ridiculous man, simply ridiculous.
    Last edited by RavensQB; 01-11-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Oh sheet.. The fourm police.... It is the point. You know there are some Ravens fans that do not use a computer. You seem to just wanna pick a fight. If you don't like what someone says. STFU and dont comment.
    What? And miss the ramblings of grown men whining because their team is not getting enough attention?

i LIKE being under the radar.
    they'll be talking us up soon enough!
    lack of drama can be kind of nice
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule2 View Post
    What? And miss the ramblings of grown men whining because their team is not getting enough attention?
    Like I said you just wanna pick a fight. Grow up Lil man that sits behind his keyboard.

Your next post will look like this..

This message is hidden because RavensRule2 is on your ignore list.