Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Coverage?

Re: No Coverage?

The Ravens are a boring football team. We need to just accept it. We love them, but they tend to be unimpressive on the national stage. The other match-ups are full of pretty-boy QBs and feel good stories. Our game is about a team that backed into the playoffs with a no-name QB versus a team who thinks a fine victory is a 20-7 mauling with people being carted off the field and the QB not throwing the ball more than 10 times.

The Ravens will quietly pound the Texans this week while Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning do cute TD dances and watch their defenses give up 30+ points. You can be sure Belichick and company are thinking about us, though. They know we have the ability to dominate them and that we are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The 2011 Super Bowl has the 2010 NFL Champion Green Bay Packers playing against another team. The others have purple as their main color, and come from the east coast, but we're not able at this time to actually tell you their opponent's name. IF the Packers win we will tell you the final score, but if they lose...we likely (but not 100% sure) will tell you which team beat them, and from what city they are located. Stay tuned ... Bc
    This is so sad but pretty much true, poor poor Ravens LOL.

This is by far and away the least marketable game of the weekend, thus it's going to get the least amount of coverage. Just the way it works
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

A) Small Market
    B) Historically defensive minded team
    C) Ball control offense
    D) No QB named Rodgers, Brees, Tebow, Manning, or Brady on the field

This adds up to least amount of national coverage on tv or radio

What else is new?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    I'm noticing this too. Glad someone brought this up. Pretty frustrating.

ESPN is a crap network, that's a given. What really pissed me off with NFL network, three different times now, is they post on the left side of the screen (topics to be addressed/coming up) that they're going to talk about the Ravens. i.e. Live from Ravens HQ, Texans at Ravens, etc. and right before they get to those points, they go to commercial. Fair enough. But when they come back, they skip over anything Ravens and have an entirely new list of topics coming up - nothing again about the Ravens.

/Rant
    I have been seeing this as well, and it really is frustrating. And the entirely new list of topics is not entirely new! They just repeat the same things over and over again - Hue Jackson fired, Tim Tebow, Tom Brady, Tim Tebow, the Giants-Packers game, Tim Tebow etc, etc etc. The Ravens will only get at least some coverage later on in the week when they absolutely can't help but do it. I just feel like Rodney Dangerfield here.

Blog Entries

Here is my issue with the coverage. It would be understandable if you just looked at some of Baltimore's nationally televised games. However, I would expect these 'analysts' to study more games than that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    A) Small Market
    B) Historically defensive minded team
    C) Ball control offense
    D) No QB named Rodgers, Brees, Tebow, Manning, or Brady on the field

This adds up to least amount of national coverage on tv or radio

What else is new?
    The most frustrating part of the "ball control offense" thing is that controlling the ball is exactly what the Packers, Saints, and Patriots offense is predicated upon, they just seem to A) have more plays "pop" for long scores and B) they score TDs in the red-zone. Controlling the ball is a positive trait for offenses, regardless of whether they primarily get their short gains from runs or passes--especially with a game-breaker back like Ray Rice.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Welp, the way I look at it is, when the Ravens beat Houston, they'll be playing for the divisional playoffs. Then when they play NE or Denver for the AFC championship and win, the talking (knuckle)heads will HAVE to mention them, if only because they are the "other" team playing.

Then when they take the AFCC, it will be hilarious to hear all the assholes talking about how Baltimore was such a force all season, how they were the sure bet, "I KNEW they were the only logical choice to win this far", blah, blah, blah.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    ESPN will always be a joke and I don't think I want to keep listening to Stephen A. Smith call Joe Flacco soft (he said it earlier on NFL32 on ESPN 2). This has been going on for years so it's nothing new.
    Soft? You can call Flacco a lot of things but the guy hasn't missed a start and gets hit as much as many other QBs, and without the Brady treatment. If anybody is soft it is that whiner Brady.

The Ravens seem to always play better when they are ignored. They will kickoff at 1:00 regardless of the national news, what else does one need?

Just watched the overnight Sportscenter. No real mention of any NFL game really -- all college and pro hoops mostly.

The expectation that ESPN should give the Ravens more air time is a false one. They are in the business of getting the most folks to watch their product, not to give each team equal air time. That's not accomplished by pandering to a small market fan base.

Blog Entries

Becareful what you wish for because if the Ravens lose there will be plenty of coverage on it, to appease Stooler nation.

Ravens going uncovered means the Ravens are winning.