Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. To ALL Ravens fans From A Texan

I Just wanted to tell you guys that you have been nothing but class. I know its gonna be a tough game, and we are proud to play your team at this stage.

The ravens are an unbelivable team from top to bottom, and we are trying to establish that kind of foundation here in Houston. We had several of your fans visiting our forums, and you guys are class. If You guys go on to win this game i will be rooting for you guys to win it all.

Good luck, and let the war begin..

2. Re: To ALL Ravens fans From A Texan

Nice first post. Should be a battle on Sunday.... I reckon.

Re: To ALL Ravens fans From A Texan

If Yates stays upright, it could be an interesting game, but I doubt that will happen. He's still young and he'll get skiddish under pressure.

The key will be 3rd downs, as usual. Foster and Johnson will make plays, but as long as the Ravens D gets the Texans off the field on most 3rd downs.... then the Ravens will win comfortably.
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-10-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: political commentary deleted
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

no one had better say anything about "steers and queers"!

Blog Entries

Congrats on your first playoff win and I hope you have many more (next year and beyond) ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by texanman15 View Post
    I Just wanted to tell you guys that you have been nothing but class. I know its gonna be a tough game, and we are proud to play your team at this stage.

The ravens are an unbelivable team from top to bottom, and we are trying to establish that kind of foundation here in Houston. We had several of your fans visiting our forums, and you guys are class. If You guys go on to win this game i will be rooting for you guys to win it all.

Good luck, and let the war begin..
    Thanks for the kudos. Unless you are a Steeler fan, a troll or only want to talk trash, we generally a pretty tame fanbase.

Though I'm confident in my Ravens, if we should choke, I'd likewise be cheering you guys on. And I'm looking forward to visiting y'all next season in Houston for my annual road trip.

I know this, if Houston pulls it off, I'll be rooting hard for them against whoever they face next week.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Might be the best defensive battle in the entire playoffs this year.
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Blog Entries

You guys got a great front 7 that gave us fits the last time.

Prob for you is, so do we and we have Joe but it will be a good game
    and no blowout by anyone.

Blog Entries

Here is some information that you could take back to your forums, if anyone wants some thoughts on the game:

1.) The current Houston Texans team, reminds many of us posters of some older Ravens teams. So, there is somewhat of a soft spot for that. Many Baltimore football fans prefer the older fashioned style of football. So, we tend to take to any game or team that resembles old fashioned football. Rooting for a team in the AFC North comes with a lower level of respect, nationally, than deserved, because the defenses are so tough. You see all of these NFC quarterbacks getting to play against these weak defenses and, after a while, it gets obnoxious. Meanwhile, a team that has made the postseason four consecutive years, gets little national coverage.

2.) Looking at these two teams, the key for you guys will be Andre Johnson. He will likely be opposite Lardarius Webb, the Ravens best CB. Johnson has the size advantage, but Webb plays very physical for his size. If Johnson can make plays against Webb, this will get interesting.

3.) As you all well know, it would help the cause to attack Benard Pollard, your old buddy. That is what the Texans did last time and it led to several third down conversions. It also led to a long TD by Jacoby Jones. The Ravens were in two deep coverage and Pollard blew his assignment.

4.) This will be the loudest road atmosphere that T.J. Yates has faced yet. M&T is not thought of, as a major stadium. However, the homefield advantage is undeniable and it is a top five venue, especially when only considering outdoor stadiums, when it comes to noise.

5.) The Ravens will shut down Foster again. Yates will have to make the throws, and Ed Reed will be lurking. If he makes the throws, more power to him. Ed Reed, however, has a habit of making life miserable for rookie QBs playing at M&T.

6.) We have heard from several of your fans, chiming in, about the injuries you guys had in the last game. There were three notable injuries that we had at the time. Lee Evans did not play and is now healthy. However, he has yet to really develop a rapport with Joe Flacco, worth noting him as a threat. Jimmy Smith did not play in that game either. He was forced to start against San Diego, when Webb was hurt, and you guys likely saw how that turned out. He has played better since and provided quality depth for our nickel packages. Ben Grubbs was the major injury. He did not play and your defense put some good hits on Flacco. Grubbs is now healthy and the offensive line has since improved, both in run blocking and pass blocking. So, if anyone wants to match injury information, you can share this with them.

7.) If you know Texans fans/posters that saw a few nationally televised Ravens games, and are under the belief that Flacco will have one of his inconsistent games, Joe Flacco has played much better at home this season. DON'T THINK THAT HE CAN'T THROW ON YOU. The Ravens offense starts with Ray Rice, because it is smart football. He is their best offensive weapon and they have the best FB in the league, blocking for him. You guys are familiar with him as well. However, Joe has made the throws when he has needed to. Believe it or not, dropped passes by the WRs/TEs have been more of an issue than Flacco. No, he is not an 'Elite' quarterback, but if you know someone who is under the misapprehension that he is not a top 10 QB, since his statistics lag behind, please talk them out of that idea, because they will be disappointed. The Ravens do not throw fifty times a game, because they don't have to. They can run the ball. Don't let that fool you into thinking that Joe Flacco can't get another 300 yards passing if you dare him to.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

As others have said, nice to see you here, thanks for the kind words and it should be an awesome game! The best part is...I just scored tickets for my sons and myself, so we'll be there to cheer on our Ravens! :D

Also, as others have said, if your Texans can pull off the upset, I too will be rooting for them the rest of the way!

12. Re: To ALL Ravens fans From A Texan

hey quick question guys . i'm going to the game sunday and i'm sitting in sec.117 , i wanted to know is that the side the ravens do their pre-game intro's on? btw i'm new to the board