Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Cliff Avril Could Test Market

GOTA, I don't necessarily disagree that you need a dominant pass rush, I just don't think getting Avril at the expense of upgrading other areas of the team is the best solution.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    GOTA, I don't necessarily disagree that you need a dominant pass rush, I just don't think getting Avril at the expense of upgrading other areas of the team is the best solution.
    I understand but you can only go after guys who are available. I don't see any great MLB's out there, and no I don't see Tulloch signing anywhere else but back with the Lions. I also don't see any top Centers or Tackles. Pass rushers are very tough to find. If you see a double digit sack guy who creates turnovers you grab him. And yes, every other team will be thinking the same thing.

Blog Entries

If he can't set the edge any better than Kruger, how does that solve the problem of potentially losing Johnson, when Kruger can continue to develop into that type of pass rusher. You don't get a Jason Pierre Paul, without putting him on the field first.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Ravens have invested in a pass rusher the past three drafts (kruger, Mcphee, Kindle, McAdoo) I doubt they pay him all the money that another team would offer him when we are developing 4 pass rushers (probably 3 next year I think Kindle is gone)

Blog Entries

Kindle is such a rock in a hard place.

I'm really hoping that he can be the rush OLB the Ravens have been looking for.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

dont forget mcadoo that we stashed on i.r. if he put on some weight and muscle he could be good

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If he can't set the edge any better than Kruger, how does that solve the problem of potentially losing Johnson, when Kruger can continue to develop into that type of pass rusher. You don't get a Jason Pierre Paul, without putting him on the field first.
    Kruger will never be Jason Pierre Paul. I seriously doubt he will be a Raven past 2012 when his contract expires. He'll get some offer just like Dwan Edwards that the Ravens will laugh at, say thanks and wish him luck.

Blog Entries

I am not saying that he will be a Jason Pierre Paul, but simply using him as an example. I think that Kruger could certainly develop into a Cliff Avril type of player.

Speaking of Paul, I have to give the Giants credit for that guy. When they drafted him, he was considered extremely raw, but a great fit for their system if he could develop. Well, I think he has developed now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore