Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Rituals

Americanmade2012 Guest

Gameday Rituals

Every fan has gameday rituals that they must do before every game what is yours?

Mine is getting my Jersey on an hour before the game and wear my lucky ravens pants.

Re: Gameday Rituals

In all seriousness I have to take a poop before the game/tailgate.

Then I always have my one favorite ravens shirt under my layers.

I always have a Raven hat, and during the holiday season its my Ravens Santa hat.

At the tailgate for the past 10 plus years at 12pm we have a speech then take our shot of Ravens Blood, which is goldschlager with blue/red food dye to make a good dark purple. Tastes like a firey victory.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenManiac85 View Post
    On Sunday, may your dump lead us to victory!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenManiac85 View Post

Then I always have my one favorite ravens shirt under my layers.

I always have a Raven hat, and during the holiday season its my Ravens Santa hat.

At the tailgate for the past 10 plus years at 12pm we have a speech then take our shot of Ravens Blood, which is goldschlager with blue/red food dye to make a good dark purple. Tastes like a firey victory.
    Lot H?

Blog Entries

I do a dance, somewhat similar to Ray Lewis', and my wife says, "You are the reason the Ravens have not won the Super Bowl since 2001 !" She is right, but I'm trying to recreate that dance now. Is it Billick or Harbaugh or Cam or me that have not elevated our Ravens to the Super Bowl Victory again? OK I'm now looking at the tape of January 2001, and will recreate it after the Ravens win their next two games. Guys/gals the SB hangs in the balance of my dance moves... Bc

It's all about the colour coordination

I must wear the same jersey as the team
    It's one of the things I check on gameday, what jersey are we wearing today

Since the Super Bowl season,I have bypassed at least 3 closer convenience stores to buy my tailgate ice at a 7-11. After I get back home, I ask my wife "What time is it?". Then I pack the same amount of plastic drinking cups for each game.

Not so much a ritual as a tradition. I have a blue Unitas T-shirt with 19 on front and back with Unitas across the back. I wear it under my jersey every game day. My lucky Johnny U, T-shirt

7 am: workout @ Merritt Canton
    9 am: arrive at Lot O with Coffee with a single shot of Van Goh Espresso Vodka
    9:30am: eggs and turkey sausage
    10:00 am: buddy arrives with home brew from what he calls "Ball So Hard Brewery"
    10:30 am: Food (always including cajun wings) go on the grill and/or served from the crock pot.
    11:00 am: stragglers arrive and get leftovers, receive verbal lashing for arriving so late
    12:00 pm: truck gets packed up, grill locked, head to gates with roadies in hand.

2011- 8-0

Blog Entries

I always arrive at the tailgate lot a little before 8:15. Set up have pancakes and sausage and a diet coke, then walk to mass at Holy Cross Church on West St. Say a prayer for all those attending the game and tailgate, but never for a victory.

Walk back to our Lot and pour the first Guinness of the day, always in a real Guinness glass.

Start cooking lunch, one or two more Guinnesses, then visit the vendors or friends in Lot H.

Spend most of the time before gametime talking to friends. Many even without tickets stop by to tailgate, then watch the game from Fed Hill.

Between 11:15 and 12:15 always yell incessently at people who pull in to park in our lot after almost every space in our row is taken. Cuss out visiting fans who show up late, thus requiring me to move, rearrange furniture, or otherwise stop drinking while they try to park in the very tight spaces in our lot (and undoing all the good from walking to church in the first place).

After yelling at late arriving visiting fans "Why even bother showing up at 12:15" I start packing up, leaving the large pail of celebratory Guinnesses on ice for after the game.

I always walk down Sharp to Hamburg, bypassing the Ostend St bridge. Rub Johnny U's high tops for luck and walk straight up the stairs (not the ramp) to my seats in Section 500.
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 01-11-2012 at 10:31 PM.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Every home game, I give Johnny U's statued foot a smack and ask for his blessings on our team. I have a few pair of "unnerwear" that are close to Ravens purple, so they are de rigueur as part of my game day's ensemble. This year, I'm in North Cackalackee for the playoffs, so a fellow Maryland transplant and I may head on over to a local tavern, hoist a few cold and frosties, and create a kharmic wave from Le Sud!

ALLEZ, Les Pourpre et Noir!!!

(my apologies to mes amis Francais, I'm unsure how to recreate a Les Bleus for the Ravens!)

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    ...Rub Johnny's high tops for luck...
    Ed,

This is one of coolest posts I have ever read on the forum. Props to you Sir!