Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Sources indicate Manning to be released

If Manning is released by the Irsay-owned franchise, he would no longer be under contract, and the $28 million goes away. I could see a bidding war between Landover, Jacksonville, even Dallas and Arizona.

I think more likely that the Colts would try to work a three-way deal between themselves, the buying team, and Manning.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Not gonna happen unless it's a release/resign thing. He'll be back with the Colts regardless.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

If Manning hits free agency, it won't be about signing Manning alone. You would have to put the pieces around him that he wants. Then, it would have to feel like a place where he could legitimately win a Super Bowl. It would not be as simple as signing Manning.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't believe it; I think that's why the Polians were fired because they wanted to move on and Irsay didn't.

If he is released though, I still say the Jets would be a likely spot.
    Well, it could really be the exact opposite of this for all you know. Polian and Manning were very tight, and maybe Polian was fired because he didn't want to move on from Manning. That's equally plausible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    How pray-tell are the jets going to pay for this???
    The Jets GM was the first capologist ever employed in the NFL. Mikey T will get it done if Manning is available. The Jets have always been able to make big signings since he's been there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Jets GM was the first capologist ever employed in the NFL. Mikey T will get it done if Manning is available. The Jets have always been able to make big signings since he's been there.
    You have to believe there's a day coming when the bottom will fall out. I guess we'll see.

I find it hard to belive he's leaving, so it's difficult to even entertain eventual destinations for him, but the Jets would be attractive for sure.

To the OP, can we get a link please?

Blog Entries

More momentum for Manning to Jets - if he's not with Indy, it's gonna happen. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-not-sanchez/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    More momentum for Manning to Jets - if he's not with Indy, it's gonna happen. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-not-sanchez/
    Completely agree. Both sides are going to want this.

Manish Mehta who is where this story is coming from is the Aaron Wilson of the Jets. He's the top guy and lot more right than wrong.

Blog Entries

“We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice,” one player told Mehta. “He’s lazy and content because he knows he’s not going to be benched.”

Those are serious claims.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Wow, after reading Florio's article and the responses, it's great to have an organization like the ravens in Baltimore. The ravens owner has made all the right moves to give us fans something to be proud of. Preston would love to be able to write about the Jets if he worked in N.Y. Glad Rex was not hired to be the head coach of the ravens, surely the team would have imploded and not had four straight appearances in post season. Peyton wll not play again in a situation where he could get hurt and cripple himself, the man is too smart to let that happen. I see him becoming a QB coach and a successful one at that. Hate to see him retire, he helped define what a great QB in the NFL should be like.But will not miss him when the Ravens consistently beat the Dolts from here on out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    “We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice,” one player told Mehta. “He’s lazy and content because he knows he’s not going to be benched.”

Those are serious claims.
    Competitive guys can put up with a lot of things, but a guy not giving it 100% isn't one of them. Can't believe Bart Scott or someone else there hasn't kicked him square in the ass if he's not working hard at practice. Rant over...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!