Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Sources indicate Manning to be released

Part of that resentment from the players comes directly from Rex and how he will NEVER criticize the QB under any circumstance. If Rex will call a spade a spade sometimes, maybe they wouldn't feel that way. Instead he gets up there and just lies right through his teeth, coddles him and never says an even remotely critical word about him.

But again, Manning isn't going to the Jets. They just fired the OC, he was the fall guy for 2011. Sanchez has one more year to be protected, and I suspect if it doesn't go well both Rex and Sanchez will be out of jobs. Rememebr he was the one who just HAD to have Sanchez and wasted a bunch of picks and big money trading up for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Part of that resentment from the players comes directly from Rex and how he will NEVER criticize the QB under any circumstance. If Rex will call a spade a spade sometimes, maybe they wouldn't feel that way. Instead he gets up there and just lies right through his teeth, coddles him and never says an even remotely critical word about him.

But again, Manning isn't going to the Jets. They just fired the OC, he was the fall guy for 2011. Sanchez has one more year to be protected, and I suspect if it doesn't go well both Rex and Sanchez will be out of jobs. Rememebr he was the one who just HAD to have Sanchez and wasted a bunch of picks and big money trading up for him.
    Is Rex really the one who had to have Sanchez or was it the GM? The Jets system is no different that the Ravens. The coach has input but it's the GM who makes the picks and is in charge of personnel. Rex is no different than Harbaugh or Billick in that respect. I do agree though that Rex love to talk and has no problem throwing his support behind someone to the public and then running him out of town in private.

Blog Entries

If I were Peyton, I would go to the 49ers, not the Jets. Can you imaging how good the 49ers would be if they had a real QB?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Is Rex really the one who had to have Sanchez or was it the GM? The Jets system is no different that the Ravens. The coach has input but it's the GM who makes the picks and is in charge of personnel. Rex is no different than Harbaugh or Billick in that respect. I do agree though that Rex love to talk and has no problem throwing his support behind someone to the public and then running him out of town in private.
    That is a good question. I guess we will find out eventually, but with the way Rex is I can see him playing GM on the big decisions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    That is a good question. I guess we will find out eventually, but with the way Rex is I can see him playing GM on the big decisions.
    No team is giving a rookie head coach that kind of authority. Doesn't happen here or with the Jets. Even big name coaches like Coughlin and Fox couldn't get that. We all know Belechick get it. I've heard Marvin Lewis finally got it with his last contract. Pete Carroll wouldn't coach in the NFL without it. Jeff Fisher has made it a condition for whatever job he takes since he never had it with the Titans. The days when the Head Coach got full control are long gone.

Blog Entries

Rex wanted Sanchez. He said that it came down to Sanchez and Freeman. He said that he brought both of them in for interviews and felt that Sanchez was better at analyzing the scheme/diagnosing plays. He absolutely wanted Mark Sanchez, fought for him and admitted so.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No team is giving a rookie head coach that kind of authority. Doesn't happen here or with the Jets. Even big name coaches like Coughlin and Fox couldn't get that. We all know Belechick get it. I've heard Marvin Lewis finally got it with his last contract. Pete Carroll wouldn't coach in the NFL without it. Jeff Fisher has made it a condition for whatever job he takes since he never had it with the Titans. The days when the Head Coach got full control are long gone.
    You don't need "full control" to have a huge voice.

And Sanchez has been and always was Rex's guy from what I heard. And I guarantee being the head coach he had a huge say on that whole situation, he had to.

[QUOTE=52decleetzu;396920] Sanchez has one more year to be protected, and I suspect if it doesn't go well both Rex and Sanchez will be out of jobs.
    QUOTE]

that's how I sees it. I think they probably overacheived, esp beating the Pats in the playoffs, but the mgt and fan base need to see improvement and hope.

now there's an article quoting DMase about how hard a worker Sanchez was and how hard he studied etc.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
    Last edited by sailorsam; 01-11-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)