Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: What cliché or fallacy are you sick of hearing from the media?

Excell--
    And they should be forced to take and PASS, Articulation 101! ;)

"grab the crab cakes and old bay sauce"..... Vaunted steeler defense....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Excell--
    And they should be forced to take and PASS, Articulation 101! ;)
    It just feels like the vast majority of NFL personalities took the 'copycat league' mentality with them, into the broadcasting industry.

'Drew Brees is the premiere quarterback in the league'

NO! #!$#$@%#%$@#$!!! He is not the 'premiere' quarterback in the league. The mother *Expletive* has already arrived!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Actually, I'm always amused by the babes they put down on the field to ask the piercing, newsworthy questions....you know, like "Well, Coach, what do you need to do to win this game?"

I wish, JUST FOR ONCE, a coach would look askance at the interviewer and bark, "WTF do you THINK we need to do, numbnutz? We need to score more F(*&^(*%^ing points than our opponent!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It just feels like the vast majority of NFL personalities took the 'copycat league' mentality with them, into the broadcasting industry.

'Drew Brees is the premiere quarterback in the league'

NO! #!$#$@%#%$@#$!!! He is not the 'premiere' quarterback in the league. The mother *Expletive* has already arrived!
    That's a perfectly valid use of the word premiere. As an adjective it means "foremost in rank or quality."

Calling Brees the premier quarterback simply means he's the best.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369118,-76.761215
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

6. first; initial; principal: a premiere showing; the premiere attraction of the evening.

It means more so first in the sense that we just saw his first great offensive performance.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Possesion receiver- I would think all receivers should be able to get/keep possesion

cover corner-what else are they asked to do?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    6. first; initial; principal: a premiere showing; the premiere attraction of the evening.

It means more so first in the sense that we just saw his first great offensive performance.
    Just because it has more than one meaning, doesn't invalidate the other meanings.

Would it be wrong to say that the Ravens need to go on a run to win the Superbowl? Because I don't think the team going for a jog is going to help us win the few next games.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369107,-76.761187
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

That player has a great motor
    Paul Kruger has a great motor
    It's one of these phrases that gets thrown around a lot for so many players.
    I'm just waiting for the Senior Bowl for how many times I'll hear it. Could even turn this into a drinking game lol

Just once I want to hear Gruden call out a player and call him trash. How is it possible that he loves everyone?

Mike Mayock talks a whole other language. Sticky leg? Heavy legged waist bender?

Seattle like tall, quick and powerful corners. So other teams don't???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Just because it has more than one meaning, doesn't invalidate the other meanings.

Would it be wrong to say that the Ravens need to go on a run to win the Superbowl? Because I don't think the team going for a jog is going to help us win the few next games.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369107,-76.761187
    Perhaps, we are talking about two different words. Your definition fits adjective 'Premier'. My definition fits the adjective 'Premiere'. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I think that is what the mix-up is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    "It's hard to beat a team three times in a season."

Uhh, no it's not. If they beat them twice already, they're probably a better team. Statistically the 2-0 team wins 67% of the time (70% if at home).

My wife hates all the Grudenisms that are usually some thing like "This guy! This guy is a football player." or "This guy is an athlete." Really?
    Funny I am always joking Gruden on his use of "this guy...." Wasn't sure if it struck anyone else as annoying.

"He's a running back that likes to run downhill" ...uhhh opposed to the ones who prefer playing on a uphill field?