Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: What cliché or fallacy are you sick of hearing from the media?

Jimmy's and Joes, not x's and o's

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Not to be totally off topic. But, I'm really tired of Coaches apologizing for their entire team's bad performance. Hearing Les Miles this morning made me sick. Stop deflecting the blame from where much/most of it lies (On the field). As a fan I want to hear honesty, not some coach taking the bullet. I'm not asking for specific players to be ripped.... but come on now.
    Lol Hue Jackson tried that... It didn't go over very well

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    'Unleash'

If I hear that term used again by Skip Bayless, I will find him and slap him in the face

Houston -

I have no issue with the term playmaker. You have good players that do their job like a JJ or Cary Williams but playmakers like Ed Reed or Sizzle avisibly affect the outcome of the game with an INT, stop for loss or sack.
    I am so sick and tired of that hack Meryl (I know I am spelling like Ms. Streep) Hoges and his over used Vince Lombardi quote, "you get a seal here, and a seal here, then run it right down the alley." That Steelers homer needs to be fired as an unbiased analyst.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    It has become clear that ESPN has ruined the sports commentary world, and stuck Flacco and the Ravens with a label that will NEVER go away.

You want to know why everyone outside of Baltimore is so uninformed and mislead about us? Just watch that disgrace of a show.

ESPN's caraciture of the Ravens is legitimate, BTW. Every time the Ravens have played on MNF over the past several years, the game has been a snooze-fest offensively.

In ten Monday night matchups since 2006, the Ravens have only won three..... and only one of those three games had more than 16pts (the 4th qtr comeback win against Houston)
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

I hate when two of the guys hold their own discussion while the other two are talking. Next thing you hear is laughing and can't really understand what they are saying.They take away from the main discussion. But I will also add that the talking heads were all wrong about the Denver-Pitt game, so they all have no credibility with me. Yet people should believe whatever they say?

Quote Originally Posted by eddiepoe View Post
    I love the veiled reference that a QB "is athletic" . . . . which the talking heads NEVER use when describing a player who happens to be white . . . . what a bunch of jack-asses.
    Err, what? You've never heard about this guy being athletic?
    Tim_Tebow_YOUNGSTARZ.jpg

Regardless, this is the fallacy I'm most sick of:

When running back X gets Y carries, the team is Z-0.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

haha a FB post read, "I haven't seen this many people watching a white Bronco since OJ Simpson!"

That kid is a huge side a beef. 245, I think? The old days they woulda thrown him on TE or H-Back duty.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Team *Fill in the Blank* is the team that no one wants to play.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I forgot "beatdown"

There's Epsom down(s), down the shore, Watership Down, downtown, downbeat, down(er), and downstroke... but beatdown?

Sounds like something a garage band strives for.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    The hay is in the barn
    We have a winner!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

"We're just gonna take it one game at a time."

Back when I was a kid, a lot of teams in the NFL would play two or three games on Sunday, sometimes all at the same time, so they could rest guys with injuries in the following week or two...

Blog Entries

Personally, I think that all NFL players, coaches and analysts, should be locked in a Liberal Arts College and forced to earn an English degree.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore