Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What cliché or fallacy are you sick of hearing from the media?

I was watching 1st and 10 this morning, and they were discussing the spread for the games this weekend and whether or not they were too high or too low. Of course, when the ravens-texans game came up everyone thought the spread was too high (at -7.5) and one of their main gripes was that the ravens defense is too old, and "getting older" whatever the hell that means.

You'd think in the 2nd week of the playoffs media personalities would do a little research and I don't know maybe look at a roster sheet to realize most of the ravens starters are under 30.

What cliché gets under your skin every time you hear some loudmouth spout it off on a sports show?

Re: What cliché or fallacy are you sick of hearing from the media?

Im sick of hearing about miracles.

It has become clear that ESPN has ruined the sports commentary world, and stuck Flacco and the Ravens with a label that will NEVER go away.

You want to know why everyone outside of Baltimore is so uninformed and mislead about us? Just watch that disgrace of a show.

Blog Entries

He's unflappable (I've heard it about both of the QBs in this game)

He's a cerebral player. Why not just say he's smart?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He's a play maker.

WTF does that even mean?

The "aging Ravens defense" is one that I get sick-and-tired of hearing.

Here's another: "The Steeler fans are the best traveling fans in the league."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    It has become clear that ESPN has ruined the sports commentary world, and stuck Flacco and the Ravens with a label that will NEVER go away.

You want to know why everyone outside of Baltimore is so uninformed and mislead about us? Just watch that disgrace of a show.
    100%.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

"They have to limit big plays!"

"They're a very physical team!"

"They're a blue collar team that plays defense and runs the football" (describing the Steelers)

"The NFC East is the toughest division in the NFL."

'Unleash'

If I hear that term used again by Skip Bayless, I will find him and slap him in the face

Houston -

I have no issue with the term playmaker. You have good players that do their job like a JJ or Cary Williams but playmakers like Ed Reed or Sizzle avisibly affect the outcome of the game with an INT, stop for loss or sack.

10. Re: What cliché or fallacy are you sick of hearing from the media?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqKTKUvbVsA

Still one of my all time favorites...

Not to be totally off topic. But, I'm really tired of Coaches apologizing for their entire team's bad performance. Hearing Les Miles this morning made me sick. Stop deflecting the blame from where much/most of it lies (On the field). As a fan I want to hear honesty, not some coach taking the bullet. I'm not asking for specific players to be ripped.... but come on now.

Flacco can only win when playing with a lead. For some reason the 92-yard drive at Pittsburgh has been scrubbed from the media's memory, as well as the drive to win at Pittsburgh last year. There have also been impressive comebacks that were blown by other members of the team such as Boldin dropping a TD pass in the playoff game, Atlanta last year (defense/refs) or Minnesota in '09 (Hauschka). Plus it doesn't make a lot of sense to make such a big deal about comeback wins in the first place. If you have a lot of comeback wins it means you're doing something wrong in the first 3 quarters. The goal should be to always have the lead!

Also any criticism of Flacco that revolves around his lack of fire or emotion. That one really grates.