Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ed Reed on his shoulder injury

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    With Ozzie's genius of signing Pollard @ SS (really a run stopper) ... now that Reed is somewhat healthy (thank you BYE week), perhaps he can become the Ed Reed we know roams centerfield and picks off passes. If Ed can be 85% of his former self, he will be so dangerous again... Bc
    I don't read where it says he is "somewhat healthy" or believe he can be 85% of his former self. He hasn't been 85% of his former self for three years now.

While this is heresy on these boards, one really has to think about the next two games the Ravens have on the board assuming the Ravens and NE win this weekend.

Houston is going to be a run first team. Wouldn't it be a smart decision to give Ed a couple plays off this game in favor of Zibs if it becomes apparent that Houston is trying to trying to run the ball? Wouldn't you want a healthier Ed against NE when Brady is going air it out 50 times? I would much rather have Ed feeling better up in NE and taking the middle out of play against Brady than watching Ed miss Foster all day and then continuiing to play hurt in NE.

Ed offers that he has missed one tackle in each of the last four games. I would beg to differ...immensely. This is a clear example of a veteran that isn't being honest with is age, condition and current ability. We'll see.

He told it, but they still gonna throw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EAXSDgKnbw

"Don't do it." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

I don't want Reed off the field. He needs to keep that secondary together and help with Andre Johnson. This defense will fly to the ball. I'm not worried about a missed tackle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I don't read where it says he is "somewhat healthy" or believe he can be 85% of his former self. He hasn't been 85% of his former self for three years now.

While this is heresy on these boards, one really has to think about the next two games the Ravens have on the board assuming the Ravens and NE win this weekend.

Houston is going to be a run first team. Wouldn't it be a smart decision to give Ed a couple plays off this game in favor of Zibs if it becomes apparent that Houston is trying to trying to run the ball? Wouldn't you want a healthier Ed against NE when Brady is going air it out 50 times? I would much rather have Ed feeling better up in NE and taking the middle out of play against Brady than watching Ed miss Foster all day and then continuiing to play hurt in NE.

Ed offers that he has missed one tackle in each of the last four games. I would beg to differ...immensely. This is a clear example of a veteran that isn't being honest with is age, condition and current ability. We'll see.
    Glen, you may be right. BUT during passing downs wouldn't you want Ed Reed playing "centerfield" ? Your opinion is not heresy, but may not be realistic if Ed is 100% (or even 85%) healthy. Who else would you want to see in there (who is currently on the Ravens roster) in this game at this time ? ... Bc

Shoot that shit up and get out there.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    while this is clearly obvious (that he's scared to take a hit due to injury), i don't think he should have come out and said this until after the season (but then it could just sound like sour grapes if he ends up costing us big plays). but if I'm Arian Foster, I'm looking to run over Ed Reed now for sure (or at least run towards him when breaking into the 2nd level).
    Honestly, I don't think this has been a secret. Any somewhat intelligent NFL player/coach would be able to see in the game tape that Ed has really struggled in run support this year and his tackling has been atrocious. With that said, I love how we match up against the Texans and can't wait for this game to start. Bernard Pollard could be a real difference maker in the game against his former team, along with Leach.

But he's not getting interceptions!!!
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Ask Bill Belichick if Ed Reed should be on the field.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think I remember the play that this happened...it was the San Diego game and I think it was the 3rd TD right before the end of the first half...Matthews beat JJ around the corner and Ed basically threw himself in head/shoulder first and although he didn't stop him, it was a big collision for Ed...and you could see at the end of the play he was in severe pain.

I wish I could figure out why some people want Zibby on the field.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk