1. Sunday's weather

Looks like the NWS is calling for a high of 39 degrees. Not freezing, but certainly cold. Anyone think that has an affect on a dome team from south Texas?

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...8&lon=-76.6106

Re: Sunday's weather

Good question. I have to say no. They're not the Greatest Show On Turf or the Saints where their passing attack thrives in a dome. They have Arian Foster who can grind it out. Plus 39 isn't really that cold. Now if they had to play in New England in the snow then I'd say it would hurt them.

Weather will have absolutely no impact on either team. IT won't be cold enough. Once the adrenaline kicks in the cold weather is an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Looks like the NWS is calling for a high of 39 degrees. Not freezing, but certainly cold. Anyone think that has an affect on a dome team from south Texas?

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...8&lon=-76.6106
    Nope.

Typically, the players say they LOVE cooler whether because they have training camp in 100 degree temps.

Think in Kubiak times, they have never lost a cold weather game though they haven't played very many. Best game was going to Lambeau a few years back with a not-so-good defense and getting a win.

This year's Texans team, especially post-Schaub injury, has been all about defense + being efficient on offense, working on run game, taking shots at big plays when they are open. Possession. Chilly weather today but not that cold.

I think the biggest effect is I'm running out to buy a bunch of hand warmers.

I would say 39F on a sunny, dry day is a pretty damn nice day to be playing football, once you are warmed up... you are good.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I would say 39F on a sunny, dry day is a pretty damn nice day to be playing football, once you are warmed up... you are good.
    Exactly! It's football weather. Training camp in Houston is so bad that just standing around watching practice makes you feel sick. I don't see how they practice in it. The players love this sort of weather.