Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: ESPN hates defense

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Defense isn't sexy. The casual fan wants to see TDs scored in bunches.
    The other side of that coin reads

"To the serious fan, defense is one sexy mother f*cker"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The other side of that coin reads

"To the serious fan, defense is one sexy mother f*cker"
    Haha. I was about to say something similar. Defense turns me on. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Did any of you watch the LSU Bama game? LSU couldn't even cross the 50 yard line and I think their QB took a bribe he was so horrible. That game was pathetic, I agree with them.

Would've like to have seen Bama and Okl St in a plus one game; now that would be entertaining.
    RWT it's really no different than the Ravens pitiful display of offense against the Jags. It happens, bad preparation. They displayed better offensive performance all year prior to that (besides the other Bama game).
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

No, ESPN hates boring football and LSU's crappy offensive showing was boring football. It is one thing to have great defense, it is another thing to know midway through the second quarter that a team has no hope of scoring a touchdown and that the 2 fieldgoals scored will be more than enough to win the game.

ESPN loves the Giants and 49ers. I think they could get behind the Ravens or even the Texans. Whoever wins, the game will be hyped up as "Can Tom Brady beat a good defense?".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Haha. I was about to say something similar. Defense turns me on. :)
    I almost watched every minute of the BCS Championship. I was anticipating what hits the Crimson Tide would lay on the Tigers next. This may be wrong, but I enjoyed watching the scared look in Jefferson's face, especially after he got away with a horse collar tackle, following a bad interception. How can you tackle a guy like that after being scared to get hit most of the game?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I almost watched every minute of the BCS Championship. I was anticipating what hits the Crimson Tide would lay on the Tigers next. This may be wrong, but I enjoyed watching the scared look in Jefferson's face, especially after he got away with a horse collar tackle, following a bad interception. How can you tackle a guy like that after being scared to get hit most of the game?
    One of my favorite games ever was the 08 BAL/TEN playoff game. That was a brutal, brutal game. That is to my remembrance the most violent game the Ravens have ever been involved in. Particularly the second half, when about half a dozen guys got carted off the field. And of course it was low scoring and changed on a few key offensive plays/mistakes by the two teams. That is the kind of football I like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    RWT it's really no different than the Ravens pitiful display of offense against the Jags. It happens, bad preparation. They displayed better offensive performance all year prior to that (besides the other Bama game).
    Did you have to go there? I have tried to block that from memory

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Defense doesn't sell, and that is what it is all about these days.
    :word

You have to know the game to appreciate defense. Most of those looking for highlights, don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Did any of you watch the LSU Bama game? LSU couldn't even cross the 50 yard line and I think their QB took a bribe he was so horrible. That game was pathetic, I agree with them.

Would've like to have seen Bama and Okl St in a plus one game; now that would be entertaining.
    As a LSU fan I have to say that was the worst game that I can remember. No one would ever confuse Jordan Jefferson with a good QB but watching him not even show up was brutal.