Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Jim Irsay want Ravens to win SB

I don't give shit what Jim Irsay says or thinks

Nevermind LOL

This should go over well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...win-super-bowl

By Jamison Hensley

Almost 28 years since his father moved the Colts from Baltimore to Indianapolis, Jim Irsay is rooting for Baltimore to take something back from Indianapolis -- a Super Bowl championship.

Irsay tweeted this morning: "I'd love 2c Steve B get the Trophy and Baltimore n Indy...got tons of friends there n it's only fitting with my good friend R Berry n tow!"

To clarify, "Steve B" is Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and "R Berry" is Raymond Berry, the former Baltimore Colts wide receiver who will present the Lombardi Trophy to the Super Bowl winner.

The Ravens, who play the Houston Texans in the divisional playoffs Sunday, need two victories in order to reach their first Super Bowl since 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Jimmy Irsay is a strange cat!
    When I first read the thread, that was the first thing I thought. I said in an earlier post that he has a really complex and strange relationship with the past.

He had the 75 team up there, but in the endzone, not midfield; it was also very subdued.

He had the Rosenbloom copy of the SB V trophy up there, but put just the one diamond in the ring for the Indy SB win.

He has players up there every so often when records are broken and stuff, but only in the locker room.

And now he's wishing Baltimore good tidings for winning the SB win in Indy. He has to know that Baltmoreans want it but for vastly different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Will not be long before the CITY of INDY feels like Bmore did back in 1984.
    I think Irsay would prefer that Indy look like Baltimore did in 1975 when he was younger and happier, before his father went completely nuts and when he was really close to the team. To this end, I fully expect him to open a Gino's franchise there or get someone he knows to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    screw him, I hope they become the new version of the Browns
    I echo this sentiment.

---

Funny, while I was eating lunch, I decided to do some research and see if there was anything else interesting that Irsay had posted to Twitter, I came across this interesting little tidbit:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...136877333.html

The task of rebuilding the Indianapolis Colts back into a Super Bowl contender could become the job of one of the CFL's longest-serving general managers.

Colts owner Jim Irsay says Jim Popp, the general manager of the Montreal Alouettes, is a candidate for the NFL club's vacant GM job.
    Popp became the general manager of Baltimore's CFL club in '95. Baltimore made league history that season, becoming the first American franchise to capture the Grey Cup before Popp followed the team when it relocated to Montreal.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Blog Entries

Here's another interesting Jimmy story. Im
    sure old Tiger had a pre-naupt with his gold
    digger wife, yet she sued Jimmy for full
    control of the team and the 36 acre ranch.

How could she do that with a pre-naupt. Anyway, she fought him for the team and a
    deal was made where she got to keep the ranch and he got the team but she got 2
    seats in the sky box-lol.

I heard he stuck a petition up in the middle
    so he couldn't see her but in the end the
    gold digger struck gold.

It was also around that time Jimmy went on drugs including LSD - anything he could find in his own words.

He played guitar with Mellencamp's band.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    It was also around that time Jimmy went on drugs including LSD - anything he could find in his own words.

He played guitar with Mellencamp's band.
    Jimmy sounds like a cat who knows how to party!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    screw him, I hope they become the new version of the Browns
    That's very possible. It sounds like they are not going with any established names for that GM job. Given the poor talent on that team they better hope whoever they pick knows what they're doing or they will be exactly like the Browns.